Mailing List Archive

new SPF implementation: Tagspam
http://copsewood.net/tagspam

I have updated my DNSBL filtering program to include SPF
checks. This is intended for post MTA and pre SpamAssassin
filtering. It includes a new checkspf.py module, which
could be used as a stand-alone SPF checker. It is still
not as thoroughly tested as I would like. Any help with testing,
patch suggestions and bug reports will be gratefully received.

Using these 3 levels of filtering I am currently successfully
removing about 95% of incoming spams (about 120 a day) from
my inbox. About 60 a day are rejected by the MTA, the rest
are filtered using more aggressive DNSBLs by Tagspam, and
then by SpamAssassin.

Currently I am only using SPF pass indications to bypass
DNSBL checks (i.e. for whitelisting). I agree that to
make SPF more than a very marginally-useful technique
the next stage is going to be getting forwarding right.

Has any work been done on setting up and deciding policy
for the proposed trusted-forwarder.org DNSWL ? If this
lists IP addresses of trustable forwarders, Tagspam
would be able to use this immediately to improve
filtering accuracy.

Regards,
Richard Kay

-------