Mailing List Archive

Local policy - questionable ~all
I also see a lot of SoftFail spam coming in.

example:
HELO = host130-97-dynamic.11-87-r.retail.telecomitalia.it
MAILFROM = cservice.refAQ61195523.gps@citizensbank.com

v=spf1 ip4:12.154.167.142 ip4:12.46.106.21 mx ~all

This message was a phishing spam. I believe that during the SPF transition the spammers take advantage of transitioning domains and try to push spam through using the SoftFail result. Too many domains are in transition right now - it's a free-for-all.

HELO = ppp-124.121.108.131.revip2.asianet.co.th, MAILFROM = jrafert471@hersheys.com

HELO = ppp91-122-1-178.pppoe.avangard-dsl.ru, MAILFROM = itunes@new-music.itunes.com

HELO = mail.landschapsbeheerutrecht.nl, MAILFROM = do-not-reply@bankofamerica.com

My users have the option setting in their webmail control panel to treat "In-Transition Spam checks (~all) as Allowed or as Spam. They can whitelist the From address if they like overriding the SPF result.

--troy