Mailing List Archive

New Spec file for python-pyspf
Hello,

I have attached a spec file for python-pyspf. The package is in the SUSE
build service. I am working with IRC user name darix to get the
server:mail version up todate. Many packages are available for SUSE on

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
Re: New Spec file for python-pyspf [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 01 March 2007 13:43, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have attached a spec file for python-pyspf. The package is in the SUSE
> build service. I am working with IRC user name darix to get the
> server:mail version up todate. Many packages are available for SUSE on

The URLs in the spec file need updating:

Source: http://www.wayforward.net/spf/%{mod_name}-%{version}.tar.gz

Should be:

Source:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pymilter/%{mod_name}-%{version}.tar.gz

Note: The actual url to watch for the current releas is:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pymilter/pyspf-2.0.3.tar.gz

I think I made it generic correctly, but I'm unfamiliar with the exact syntax
used by RPM.

Scott K

-------
Re: New Spec file for python-pyspf [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 01 March 2007 13:43, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have attached a spec file for python-pyspf. The package is in the SUSE
> build service. I am working with IRC user name darix to get the
> server:mail version up todate. Many packages are available for SUSE on

Oh, and thanks for working on this.

Scott K

-------
Re: New Spec file for python-pyspf [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> On Thursday 01 March 2007 13:43, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have attached a spec file for python-pyspf. The package is in the SUSE
> > build service. I am working with IRC user name darix to get the
> > server:mail version up todate. Many packages are available for SUSE on
> >
> Oh, and thanks for working on this.

Your welcome. I think this file now includes all the changes you
recommended.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
Re: New Spec file for python-pyspf [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 01 March 2007 14:51, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > On Thursday 01 March 2007 13:43, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have attached a spec file for python-pyspf. The package is in the
> > > SUSE build service. I am working with IRC user name darix to get the
> > > server:mail version up todate. Many packages are available for SUSE on
> >
> > Oh, and thanks for working on this.
>
> Your welcome. I think this file now includes all the changes you
> recommended.

Yes. I'd suggest checking your revised author section as it's got
unbalanced "<" and ">". Not sure if that's correct or not.

Thanks again,

Scott K

-------
Re: New Spec file for python-pyspf [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 14:51, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:

> > > Oh, and thanks for working on this.
> >
> > Your welcome. I think this file now includes all the changes you
> > recommended.
> >
> Yes. I'd suggest checking your revised author section as it's got
> unbalanced "<" and ">". Not sure if that's correct or not.
>
> Thanks again,

My copy and paste messed up. This one should be ok.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
Re: New Spec file for python-pyspf [ In reply to ]
Since the file name conflicts with the Fedora spec file, we might need to
make a "packaging" directory with various packaging stuff.

--
Stuart D. Gathman <stuart@bmsi.com>

-------
Re: New Spec file for python-pyspf [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> Since the file name conflicts with the Fedora spec file, we might need to
> make a "packaging" directory with various packaging stuff.

I was able to use it also for the Fedora 5 - extras on the SUSE Build
Service. I did not try Fedora 6.

Re: New Spec file for python-pyspf [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 01 March 2007 16:36, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> > Since the file name conflicts with the Fedora spec file, we might need to
> > make a "packaging" directory with various packaging stuff.
>
> I was able to use it also for the Fedora 5 - extras on the SUSE Build
> Service. I did not try Fedora 6.

I don't understand how all these RPM distros relate, but it would be really
cool if it could get into Fedora 7 before it's released.

Scott K

-------
Re: New Spec file for python-pyspf [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 16:36, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> > On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
> > > Since the file name conflicts with the Fedora spec file, we might need to
> > > make a "packaging" directory with various packaging stuff.
> >
> > I was able to use it also for the Fedora 5 - extras on the SUSE Build
> > Service. I did not try Fedora 6.
> >
> I don't understand how all these RPM distros relate, but it would be really
> cool if it could get into Fedora 7 before it's released.

The only relation is in how they package the files. Each Distro is a
seperate unity and someone trusted in each distro has to submit it. I
just know that it works with the spec files I created. I know they work
on SUSE and I am trying to get them all into the next release 10.3. The
packages I made can be installed as they are publicly available in the
Build Service.

Re: New Spec file for python-pyspf [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 13:43, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have attached a spec file for python-pyspf. The package is in the SUSE
> > build service. I am working with IRC user name darix to get the
> > server:mail version up todate. Many packages are available for SUSE on
> >
> Oh, and thanks for working on this.

I just received a slightly modified file from mrueckert@suse.de. I have
attached it. The changes require two files. both are attached.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
Re: New Spec file for python-pyspf [ In reply to ]
On Friday 02 March 2007 11:34, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > On Thursday 01 March 2007 13:43, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have attached a spec file for python-pyspf. The package is in the
> > > SUSE build service. I am working with IRC user name darix to get the
> > > server:mail version up todate. Many packages are available for SUSE on
> >
> > Oh, and thanks for working on this.
>
> I just received a slightly modified file from mrueckert@suse.de. I have
> attached it. The changes require two files. both are attached.

I just noticed that (at least it looks to me) like the spec file runs the
pyspf test suite when it's installed (testspf.py). Sorry I missed this
yesterday (I'll blame the fact that I'm not very famliar with RPM).

testspf.py needs PyYAML. I don' t know if that's been packaged for opensuse
or not. I packaged it for Ubuntu. This isn't needed for pyspf to work, but
it is required to run the full test suite:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/feisty/+source/pyyaml

Also take note that this version of pyyaml has been patched with patches
planned for an upcoming release that were recommended to me by the upstream
developer:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pyyaml/+bug/87575

http://pyyaml.org/

Scott K