Mailing List Archive

New test-suite release
http://www.openspf.org/Test_Suite

Fixes a bug causing TXT ONLY implementations to fail for some tests.
Adds more test cases for exp= and redirect= semantics.

--
Stuart D. Gathman <stuart@bmsi.com>

-------
Re: New test-suite release [ In reply to ]

-------
Re: Re: New test-suite release [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Julian Mehnle wrote:

> How is it possible that the 2007.01 release is newer than the "trunk"
> version? Can you please fix that? (I'd like to adopt the real 2007.01
> test-suite for Mail::SPF, but I'm confused about the revisions.)

I added the release notes to the release version.

Re: New test-suite release [ In reply to ]

-------
Re: Re: New test-suite release [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Julian Mehnle wrote:

> BTW, I had a little chat with Norman Maurer (jSPF) on IRC today. He
> pointed out that the test-suite doesn't really have its own license, which
> seems to be a problem for the jSPF project. They cannot include the
> test-suite file unless we distribute it under a ASL-compatible license.
>
> I propose we switch to a "tags/trunk" repository layout and add a release
> notes file (README) and a BSD license.

The license should require modifications from the official council
version to be clearly marked. Or perhaps just requiring an URL
to the official council version would be sufficient.

Re: New test-suite release [ In reply to ]

-------
Re: New test-suite release [ In reply to ]

-------
Re: Re: New test-suite release [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 20 Jan 2007, Julian Mehnle wrote:

> > Fixes a bug causing TXT ONLY implementations to fail for some tests.
> > Adds more test cases for exp= and redirect= semantics.
>
> I propose we "unrelease" 2007.01 by deleting the tag copy in the svn repo
> and removing the corresponding link on the Test Suite page (but leaving
> the text intact and perhaps adding a note explaining what happened), and
> that we then prepare for a 2007.01.<day> or 2007.02 release.

Why? I still maintain the tests are correct... It implements the
precise words of the spec with regard to "exp=". It implements
what nearly everyone agrees is meant by unknown-modifier (not matching
exp or redirect). Which test is is error again?

Re: New test-suite release [ In reply to ]

-------
Re: Re: New test-suite release [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 20 Jan 2007, Julian Mehnle wrote:

> Test: exp-empty-domain
> Result: permerror (Missing required domain-spec in 'exp=')
> ERROR: Expected result: fail
>
> domain-spec cannot be empty, but the 2007.11 test-suite expects the
> implementation to allow it to be.

Because RFC4408 says to. End of discussion. If you feel the RFC is in error,
I have already added the errata - and the (admittedly second) alternative
is what you want to happen. As it stands, the instructions are to
ignore empty domain.