the default explanation, whatever it is. If an implementation supports
setting the default explanation, then setting the default to "DEFAULT"
in the test driver will do the trick. Otherwise, the test driver can
check for the magic string and do something special.

Any comments?

--
Stuart D. Gathman <stuart@bmsi.com>

-------
Re: Default explanation in test suite [ In reply to ]

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: Default explanation in test suite [ In reply to ]
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> setting the default to "DEFAULT" in the test driver will do
> the trick.

> Any comments?

+1. Julian apparently says that the exp= stuff isn't too
interesting, but SPF implementations wishing to support exp=
should get it right. A misleading exp= (from the wrong
record) could be bad.

Besides exp= is the only "real" modifier we have. And there
are macros only allowed in conjunction with exp= (otherwise
they'd be a serious privacy risk, allowing to track how far
spam gets).

And you want to test this stuff, IIRC the "DEFAULT" is your
third proposal. Make sure that implementations always using
the DEFAULT don't get a test-FAIL, that's a legal behaviour.

Conformance test cases can offer a third outcome: PASS, FAIL,
and INCONCLUSIVE (e.g. for an unsupported option).

Frank

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com