that you would be willing to share? I'm getting what appears to be some good
spam trap results on our COM/.NET implementations, but I would really love
to be able to cross-ref the results with other implementations. Perhaps via
a Web page you might have for your own private use? I'll post one on our
site too in case anyone's interested.

Monte Hansen

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: Pseudo Public SPF Test Pages [ In reply to ]

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: Pseudo Public SPF Test Pages [ In reply to ]
Just a simple test page that takes IPAddress/Domain/Sender, that works
against <implementation>

Monte Hansen

Re: Re: Pseudo Public SPF Test Pages [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:19:03 -0700 "Monte Hansen"
<monte.hansen@stashsoft.com> wrote:
>Just a simple test page that takes IPAddress/Domain/Sender, that works
>against <implementation>

See http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html for a page that uses pySPF.

Scott K

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: Re: Pseudo Public SPF Test Pages [ In reply to ]
Thank you Scott. Very much appreciated.

Any others out there?

Monte Hansen

Re: Re: Re: Pseudo Public SPF Test Pages [ In reply to ]
> Thank you Scott. Very much appreciated.
>
> Any others out there?

http://spam.co.nz/spf/

Thanks
Craig

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: Re: Pseudo Public SPF Test Pages [ In reply to ]
Thank you Craig and Scott.

For our implementation, I've posted this test page as well:
http://stashsoft.com/spf/Test.aspx

Re: Re: Re: Pseudo Public SPF Test Pages [ In reply to ]
On Friday 25 August 2006 09:48, Monte Hansen wrote:
> Thank you Craig and Scott.
>
> For our implementation, I've posted this test page as well:
> http://stashsoft.com/spf/Test.aspx

Thanks,

I think it needs some work...

Test:
Mail sent from: 192.0.34.166
Mail from (Sender): postmaster@microsoft.com

stashoft.com result:
Result = none

kitterman.com result:
Results - Permanent Error SPF Permanent Error: Too many DNS lookups

$ dig "TXT" microsoft.com

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> TXT microsoft.com
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;microsoft.com. IN TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
microsoft.com. 1065 IN TXT "v=spf1 mx
include:_spf-a.microsoft.com include:_spf-b.microsoft.com
include:_spf-c.microsoft.com ~all"

I also tried it with a non-example IP address and got the same result.

Good luck. People did me this same favor last year when I put my validator
up.

Scott K

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: Pseudo Public SPF Test Pages [ In reply to ]
Thanks Scott, that server's got an older build. But I've since repromoted it
with the latest bits and it's looking much better. I've also added the
failure "reason" to the page, which was omitted in error. It's not 100% RFC
compliant, but I think it's getting pretty close.

I really appreciate the error being pointed out. And to anyone willing to
take a jab, I say: Hit Me! ;-)

Re: Pseudo Public SPF Test Pages [ In reply to ]
Thanks Craig,

I've reran against the later bits and have come up with results consistent
with Kitterman's page (below). There's one exception for test5.spam.co.nz
which http://stashsoft/spf/test.aspx results in fail, and
http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.htm results in permerror. Our's
behaves as designed according to our interpretation of the RFC. I had
planned on raising this and other questions when the final test suite comes
out.

I appreciate the pointers. Please feel free to point them out to me if you
discover others.

Monte Hansen

Result: permerror
Reason: Unknown mechanism found 'moo'.
v=spf1 ip4:219.88.242.0/27 -all moo
Processing Domain: test1.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1
ip4:219.88.242.0/27 -all moo
Result: permerror
Reason: Command depth exceeded (10).
v=spf1 ip4:219.88.242.0/27 include:test2.spam.co.nz -all
Processing Domain: test2.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1 ip4:219.88.242.0/27
include:test2.spam.co.nz -all
Result: permerror
Reason: Recurse depth exceeded.
v=spf1 redirect:test3.spam.co.nz -all
Processing Domain: test3.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1
redirect:test3.spam.co.nz -all
Result: permerror
Reason: Recurse depth exceeded.
v=spf1 redirect=test4.spam.co.nz -all
Processing Domain: test4.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1
redirect=test4.spam.co.nz -all
Result: fail ***********
Kitterman: Results - Permanent Error SPF Permanent Error: Invalid IP4
address: ip4:1.1.1.1/0
v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.1/0 -all
Processing Domain: test5.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.1/0 -all
Testing Command=ip4:1.1.1.1/0 IP=192.0.34.166 Domain=test5.spam.co.nz
HostName=test5.spam.co.nz Result=NEUTRAL
Testing Command=-all IP=192.0.34.166 Domain=test5.spam.co.nz
HostName=test5.spam.co.nz Result=FAIL
Result: fail
v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.0/31 -all
Processing Domain: test6.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.0/31 -all
Testing Command=ip4:1.1.1.0/31 IP=192.0.34.166 Domain=test6.spam.co.nz
HostName=test6.spam.co.nz Result=NEUTRAL
Testing Command=-all IP=192.0.34.166 Domain=test6.spam.co.nz
HostName=test6.spam.co.nz Result=FAIL
Result: permerror
Reason: Invalid CIDR length.
v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.0/34 -all
Processing Domain: test7.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.0/34 -all
Result: fail
v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.255/16 -all
Processing Domain: test8.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.255/16 -all
Testing Command=ip4:1.1.1.255/16 IP=192.0.34.166 Domain=test8.spam.co.nz
HostName=test8.spam.co.nz Result=NEUTRAL
Testing Command=-all IP=192.0.34.166 Domain=test8.spam.co.nz
HostName=test8.spam.co.nz Result=FAIL
Result: neutral
v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.255/16
Processing Domain: test9.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.255/16
Testing Command=ip4:1.1.1.255/16 IP=192.0.34.166 Domain=test9.spam.co.nz
HostName=test9.spam.co.nz Result=NEUTRAL
Result: fail
v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.0/2 -all
Processing Domain: test10.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.0/2 -all
Testing Command=ip4:1.1.1.0/2 IP=192.0.34.166 Domain=test10.spam.co.nz
HostName=test10.spam.co.nz Result=NEUTRAL
Testing Command=-all IP=192.0.34.166 Domain=test10.spam.co.nz
HostName=test10.spam.co.nz Result=FAIL
Result: permerror
Reason: Unknown mechanism found '1.1.1.0/24'.
v=spf1 ip4 1.1.1.0/24 -all
Processing Domain: test11.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1 ip4 1.1.1.0/24 -all
Result: permerror
Reason: Incorrect usage of 'ip4' mechanism. Expected suffix.
v=spf1 ip4: 1.1.1.0/24 -all
Processing Domain: test12.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1 ip4: 1.1.1.0/24 -all
Result: permerror
Reason: Incorrect usage of 'a' mechanism. Expected (domain-spec).
v=spf1 a:219.88.242.0/27 -all
Processing Domain: test13.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1
a:219.88.242.0/27 -all
Result: fail
v=spf1 a:219.88.242.com -all
Processing Domain: test14.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1
a:219.88.242.com -all
Testing Command=a:219.88.242.com IP=192.0.34.166 Domain=test14.spam.co.nz
HostName=test14.spam.co.nz Result=NEUTRAL
Testing Command=-all IP=192.0.34.166 Domain=test14.spam.co.nz
HostName=test14.spam.co.nz Result=FAIL
Result: permerror
Reason: Incorrect usage of 'a' mechanism. Expected fully qualified domain
name.
v=spf1 a:spam.co.nz.255 -all
Processing Domain: test15.spam.co.nz SPF record: v=spf1
a:spam.co.nz.255 -all

</SnipFromOutterThread>
"Craig Whitmore" <lennon@orcon.net.nz> wrote in message

> Its not very good in picking up common errors that people make. Compare
> Scott's SPF results against yours for
> testX.spam.co.nz (X=1->15)
>
> But I guess this is why we need a "common" test.
>
> Thanks
> Craig
<SnipFromOutterThread>

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
Re: Re: Pseudo Public SPF Test Pages [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 26 Aug 2006, Monte Hansen wrote:

> I've reran against the later bits and have come up with results consistent
> with Kitterman's page (below). There's one exception for test5.spam.co.nz
> which http://stashsoft/spf/test.aspx results in fail, and
> http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.htm results in permerror. Our's
> behaves as designed according to our interpretation of the RFC. I had
> planned on raising this and other questions when the final test suite comes
> out.

I've added this test to the suite:

ip4 syntax
tests:
cidr-0-ok:
CIDR-0 always matches
ip4-cidr-length = "/" 1*DIGIT
spec: 5.6/2
helo: mail.example.com
host: 1.2.3.4
mailfrom: foo@e1.example.com
result: pass
zonedata:
mail.example.com:
- A: 1.2.3.4
e1.example.com:
- SPF: v=spf1 ip4:1.1.1.1/0 -all

Pyspf is (was - about to fix) wrong on this test because /0 is clearly allowed
syntactically. It might be worth a Warning if /0 is preceded by
anything other than 0.0.0.0.

Now, what about /33 ? The RFC syntax allows it.

tests:
cidr-32:
CIDR 32 matches exactly
spec: 5.6/3