Mailing List Archive

Test suite schema release candidate
After discussion on IRC and here, we have selected YAML as the 'source'
format for test data. YAML is directly convertible to XML, so you can
consider it XML with a more readable syntax. The important thing, of
course, is the schema. Here is the the pyspf test suite again as YAML
with the latest schema. Please comment if there is a problem, because it
is time to start adding to the test suite. Oh, Julian wants to rename
zonedata to zonerecords. I don't like it, but I thought I'd throw it out.

Pyspf can read BIND and YAML (or JSON) test format, and run the tests or
write YAML. It creates SPFScenario objects with the zonedata and a
map of SPFTest objects. If the C lib people (libspf,libspf2) don't like
YAML, it can be easily converted to any XML equivalent syntax,
including XML.

---
comment: |
check basic exists with macros
tests:
exists-pass:
helo: mail.example.net
host: 1.2.3.5
mailfrom: lyme.eater@example.co.uk
result: pass
exists-fail:
helo: mail.example.net
host: 1.2.3.4
mailfrom: lyme.eater@example.co.uk
result: fail
zonedata:
lyme.eater.example.co.uk.1.2.3.5.spf.example.net: