out-of-line functions. This means that the library may be upgraded and the
layout of the internal structs may be changed without recompiling client
applications.

S.

--
Shevek http://www.anarres.org/
I am the Borg. http://www.gothnicity.org/

-------
Re: Pre-release of new libspf2 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 01:58, Shevek wrote:
> A new libspf2 version 1.2.0pre1 is now in subversion under tags/shevek.
> This version represents a major API rewrite and bugfix. A public snapshot
> is at
> http://www.libspf2.org/spf/libspf2-1.2.0pre1.tar.gz.
>
> The API is now considerably simpler, and involves servers, requests and
> release. The only per-thread data is the request (and hence the response).
> There will be no need to play with resolvers any more.
>
> Allocation is simpler. Everything is allocated and returned as a pointer.
> Free it using SPF_<type>_free(x). All accessors are provided as
> out-of-line functions. This means that the library may be upgraded and the
> layout of the internal structs may be changed without recompiling client
> applications.
>
> S.

Forgive me for not understanding, but surely this warrants a major
revision increase to libspf3? *chuckles* I don't think I even need to
say it. Good luck with that.

Cheers,

James

James Couzens,
Programmer
^ ( ( (
((__)) __\|/__ __|+|__ '. ___ .'
(00) (o o) (0~0) ' (> <) '
---nn-(o__o)-nn---ooO--(_)--Ooo--ooO--(_)--Ooo---ooO--(_)--Ooo---
http://libspf.org -- ANSI C Sender Policy Framework library
http://libsrs.org -- ANSI C Sender Rewriting Scheme library
Re: Pre-release of new libspf2 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 01:24:17PM -0700, James Couzens wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 01:58, Shevek wrote:
> > A new libspf2 version 1.2.0pre1 is now in subversion under tags/shevek.
> > This version represents a major API rewrite and bugfix. A public snapshot
> > is at
> > http://www.libspf2.org/spf/libspf2-1.2.0pre1.tar.gz.
> >
> > The API is now considerably simpler, and involves servers, requests and
> > release. The only per-thread data is the request (and hence the response).
> > There will be no need to play with resolvers any more.
> >
> > Allocation is simpler. Everything is allocated and returned as a pointer.
> > Free it using SPF_<type>_free(x). All accessors are provided as
> > out-of-line functions. This means that the library may be upgraded and the
> > layout of the internal structs may be changed without recompiling client
> > applications.
> >
> > S.
>
> Forgive me for not understanding, but surely this warrants a major
> revision increase to libspf3? *chuckles* I don't think I even need to
> say it. Good luck with that.

I already started wondering where you have been hiding :)

Koen

P.s.: I still don't understand the graph on infinitepenguins, the labels
on the y-axis seem odd...

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

-------