There are two questions:
1. How to interpret empty <domain-spec> in context of various
mechanisms and modifiers?
2. What to do if we get empty string after macro expansion of
<domain-spec> in context of various mechanisms and modifiers?

- Igor

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com
What to do if <domain-spec> is empty string [ In reply to ]
Igor wrote:

> 1. How to interpret empty <domain-spec> in context of various
> mechanisms and modifiers?

My SPF implementation does it as follows:

a: use current-domain
mx: use current-domain
ptr: use current-domain
include: syntax error --> 'unknown'
exists: syntax error --> 'unknown'
exp= explanation reset to none
redir= redirection reset to none

> 2. What to do if we get empty string after macro expansion of
> <domain-spec> in context of various mechanisms and modifiers?

An empty string after macro expansion is not possible except if there is an
invalid macro character. That would be a syntax error and you should return
'unknown'.

Roger

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?listname=spf-devel@v2.listbox.com