thoughts?

Thanks!

--Jeremy
Re: Spamassassin using different local.cf's for different domains? [ In reply to ]
At 01:21 PM 2/11/2004, Jeremy Olmen wrote:
> Can Spamassassin be configured to use a different local.cf
>depending on domain the message is going to?

No. The paths that SA will try to find local.cf are hard-wired in the code
itself.

Only user_prefs can be done on a "per call" basis... So theoretically you
could use "user_prefs" as a "domain_prefs".
Re: Spamassassin using different local.cf's for different domains? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 10:21, Jeremy Olmen wrote:
> I've got a mailserver right now running 5 seperate domains for 5 seperate
> organizations. I'd like to install Spamassassin into the mail pipeline (I'm
> using qmail). Can Spamassassin be configured to use a different local.cf
> depending on domain the message is going to? If this is possible, how would
> I configure it?

If you're using qmail, you can use qmail-scanner to invoke SA. By
default, qmail-scanner invokes spamc with the user argument set to the
recipient, but can pretty easily hack it to only send the domain as the
user argument. Then spamc will use a different per-user pref per
domain. I don't run this setup myself, but it *should* work...

> These different organizations will probably have very
> different whitelist/blacklist entries. In addition, is it possible to have a
> domain specific local.cf and then a sitewide local.cf for bad addresses that
> are considered always spam by everyone?

The sitewide local.cf should do it, since the per-domain stuff is in the
user prefs.

- Jon

--
jon@tgpsolutions.com

Administrator, tgpsolutions
http://www.tgpsolutions.com
Re: Spamassassin using different local.cf's for different domains? [ In reply to ]
We use amavid-new to enable sql preferences where our domain customers
can change the required_hits variable for their address/domain or
whitelist/blacklist people. All rules and the bayes database are
site-wide across all domains, but it has been working really well for us.

Ryan Moore
Perigee.net Corporation
704-849-8355 (sales)
704-849-8017 (tech)