let me see the stuff that's already there, so I'll know what to remove.

Sincerely,

Gordon E.
Re: Whitelist "Listing"? [ In reply to ]
Mailing List wrote:

> Is there a command in spamassassin to list the addresses you've added to the
> whitelist/blacklist with the --add-addr-to-whitelist/--add-addr-to-blacklist
> commands?

Check for 'check_whitelist' on your system. Depending on your
installation, it may not be in your $PATH. On debian linux, I found it
under /usr/share/doc/spamassassin. If you build from source, check under
the tools directory.

> This way, I could check what is there so it isn't added twice, and also it will
> let me see the stuff that's already there, so I'll know what to remove.

It'll do what you want just fine. You'll see the address, number of
messages tracked, and the score average.

- Bob
Re: Whitelist "Listing"? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:57:46 -0500
Bob George <mailings02@ttlexceeded.com> wrote:

> Mailing List wrote:
>
> > Is there a command in spamassassin to list the addresses you've added to the
> > whitelist/blacklist with the --add-addr-to-whitelist/--add-addr-to-blacklist
> > commands?
>
> Check for 'check_whitelist' on your system. Depending on your
> installation, it may not be in your $PATH. On debian linux, I found it
> under /usr/share/doc/spamassassin. If you build from source, check under
> the tools directory.
>
> > This way, I could check what is there so it isn't added twice, and also it will
> > let me see the stuff that's already there, so I'll know what to remove.
>
> It'll do what you want just fine. You'll see the address, number of
> messages tracked, and the score average.
>
> - Bob

OK, I got this:

100.0 (100.0/1) -- videotron.ca|ip=cmd
100.0 (100.0/1) -- yahoo.ca|ip=cmd
100.0 (100.0/1) -- ya.com|ip=cmd

I'm just curious... what does the "|ip=cmd" thing mean?

Thanks for the information, by the way. It's appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gordon E.
Re: Whitelist "Listing"? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 03:57, Bob George wrote:
[...]
> Check for 'check_whitelist' on your system. Depending on your
> installation, it may not be in your $PATH. On debian linux, I found it
> under /usr/share/doc/spamassassin. If you build from source, check under
> the tools directory.
[...]

I installed SA through/with/from (?) CPAN so the check_whitelist is
located at
/root/.cpan/build/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.63/tools/check_whitelist

Can any user run this? If so should I copy it to /bin/ or /usr/bin or
even ~/bin?

TIA
--
# Mertens Bram "M8ram" <bram-mertens@linux.be> Linux User #249103 #
# SuSE Linux 8.2 (i586) kernel 2.4.20-4GB i686 256MB RAM #
Re: Whitelist "Listing"? [ In reply to ]
Bram Mertens wrote:

>[...]
>
>I installed SA through/with/from (?) CPAN so the check_whitelist is
>located at
>/root/.cpan/build/Mail-SpamAssassin-2.63/tools/check_whitelist
>
>Can any user run this? If so should I copy it to /bin/ or /usr/bin or
>even ~/bin?

Any user _with a whitelist_ can, yes. Depending how you've set things
up, that might only be the spamd user though.

- Bob