Mailing List Archive

How do I know DNS test is working?
I'm using NoSpamToday (SA) -> Exchange 5.5 on WinNT4.

I have setup NST so that it uses RBL checks on all incoming emails. It seems
that NST tells SA to do the actual check, judging from what is on the NST
setup screen.

How do I know if the DNS checks are working? I've checked the NST logs but
can't find anything. Does SA use log files? I can't find any.

Regards,

Julian Milano
IT Manager

Davenport Group
79-81 Coppin Street (PO Box 12) Richmond Victoria 3121
Ph : (613) 8416 6666

Limits of Liability and Disclaimer - Davenport Industries is not liable for
any loss, damages, claims, cost demand and expense whatsoever and howsoever
arising in connection with this email transmission. The receiver of this
transmission shall ascertain the accuracy and suitability of this data for
their purposes. Although computer virus scanning software is used by
Davenport Industries, the receiver shall be responsible for their own virus
protection and Davenport Industries shall not be held liable for and
subsequent loss, damage, cost or expense.

This email and any attachment is confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this email in error you are prohibited from disclosing, copying or
using the information contained in it and please inform us by reply email
and delete.
Re: How do I know DNS test is working? [ In reply to ]
RE: How do I know DNS test is working? [ In reply to ]
Hi Julian,

JulianM@davenport-industries.com.au writes:
> I'm using NoSpamToday (SA) -> Exchange 5.5 on WinNT4.
>
> I have setup NST so that it uses RBL checks on all incoming emails. It
> seems that NST tells SA to do the actual check, judging from what is
> on the NST setup screen.
>
> How do I know if the DNS checks are working? I've checked the NST logs
> but can't find anything. Does SA use log files? I can't find any.

Previous to installing SA, I tried NST and wasn't getting anywhere with the
RBL checks. When I pressed the "authors" about the issue, they were silent
and provided no help. So, I abandoned NST after less than a week and went
with SA and CGPSA/CommuniGate Pro on my Win2K server. That installation
took less than 1 hour, and I've been a happy guy since.

Regards,
Marc Steuer