Mailing List Archive

Re: How-to for integrating SpamAssassin, MIMEDefang, Clam AV & Sendma il...
Ken Morley <ken@jmtg.com> wrote:

> I'm sure that this is a long shot, but, can anyone recommend any How-To's on
> this? I'm very comfortable with RH Linux and Sendmail and I don't think
> that SpamAssassin will be too tough (it's pretty well documented among this
> community). I will need help with the MIMEDefang, the CLAM AV and the
> milters.
>
> Can anyone reccommend any good articles on those topics?

There are excellent docs on this subject included with amavis-new, i.e.

http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.milter

http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/README.sendmail-dual

The latter discusses using a SMTP-proxy based setup rather than milter;
however this approach may be worth your consideration for the reasons they
list. Personally I had bad luck with milters early on and have stuck with
the SMTP-proxy architechture with Postfix as the MTA, but your mileage will
vary.

--
Eric Sorenson - Systems / Network Administrator, MIS - Transmeta Corporation