Mailing List Archive

Question.
Hello,

I am currently working on a project that allows companies to send
invoices to their clients. I have spent ample time trying to reduce
the flags on my mail that mark it as spam. I would like
to inform about the following.

For the moment I am using CSS, which has a few implications apparently.
I am receiving the flag HTML_FONTCOLOR_UNKNOWN for a HTML page that
I am sending through. I have tried setting the body.text attribute
to black and I have tried declaring a global font over the entire
HTML page. Non seem to affect it. How do I declare the FONT to black
to get rid of this flag?

The next that I would like to inform about is PORN_4. It seems to
go off with the font declarations in CSS since it sees them as repeative.
Is there something I can do to lower the chances of getting the PORN_4
flag? character sets to stay away from, etc...?

Lastly, to make sure that people do not abuse my component I have opted
to place the following items in each header:

Are there more appropriate tags for this? These are not very specific,
but I noticed them in a PHP forum implementation and found them quite
interesting.

Any thoughts?
-KiM
Re: Question. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, nevelsteen wrote:

> I am currently working on a project that allows companies to send
> invoices to their clients. I have spent ample time trying to reduce
> the flags on my mail that mark it as spam. I would like
> to inform about the following.
>
> For the moment I am using CSS, which has a few implications apparently.
> I am receiving the flag HTML_FONTCOLOR_UNKNOWN for a HTML page that
> I am sending through. I have tried setting the body.text attribute
> to black and I have tried declaring a global font over the entire
> HTML page. Non seem to affect it. How do I declare the FONT to black
> to get rid of this flag?
>
> The next that I would like to inform about is PORN_4. It seems to
> go off with the font declarations in CSS since it sees them as repeative.
> Is there something I can do to lower the chances of getting the PORN_4
> flag? character sets to stay away from, etc...?

Test your message to find out exactly what SA is triggering on.
Feed it to SA with the appropriate debugging flags and it will report
the pattern matches that are triggering those rules:

spamassassin -D rulesrun=255 < test.message

--
Dave Funk University of Iowa
<dbfunk (at) engineering.uiowa.edu> College of Engineering