It's from edgar-online.com. From what it looks like, he actually
subscribed to something. Is it possible that this uri should not be
part of the rule? For now, I guess I can either whitelist
*@edgar-online.com, since that's where the email originated, or I can
change the score of this entire rule to 0. Any suggestions?

uri BigEvilList_181
/\b(?:extreme-rapes\.com|excaliburproducts\.com|evansezmoney\.estarnetwo
rk\.com|enjoyadvanced097\.org|emedorders\.com|email\.homemadesimple\.com
|ehostzzz\.net|e-g\.com|efreedomweb\.net|edgar-online\.fundinfo\.wilink\
.com|edgar-online\.com|edgar-online\.ar\.wilink\.com|ecredibledeals\.com
|echofrompeople\.com|e\.1asphost\.com)\b/i
describe BigEvilList_181 Generated BigEvilList_181
score BigEvilList_181 3.0

Thanks,
Mark DeMichele
RE: BigEvil and edgar-online [ In reply to ]
Additional info:

When I assed my user what edgar-online was he replied this:

"It's a major site for locating SEC filings of public companies (been
around for years--real bona fide site)"

BigEvilList_181.

Re: BigEvil and edgar-online [ In reply to ]
Mark A. DeMichele wrote on Tue, 9 Mar 2004 08:10:52 -0500:

> When I assed my user what edgar-online was he replied this:
>
> "It's a major site for locating SEC filings of public companies (been
> around for years--real bona fide site)"

Here's how it got on the list:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=edgar-online.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&
as_ugroup=*abuse*&lr=&num=30&hl=de

The URL is apparently used in stock pushing scams.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
Re: BigEvil and edgar-online [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 06:31, Kai Schaetzl wrote:

> Here's how it got on the list:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=edgar-online.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&
> as_ugroup=*abuse*&lr=&num=30&hl=de
>
> The URL is apparently used in stock pushing scams.

And PayPal URLs are used in phishing schemes, but do we put paypal.com
into BigEvil?

Edgar is SEC filings and is not evil. It should be removed, or at least
given a small score.

--
John Hardin KA7OHZ
Internal Systems Administrator/Guru voice: (425) 672-1304
> On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 06:31, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>
> > Here's how it got on the list:
> >
> http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=edgar-online.com&ie=UTF
> -8&oe=UTF-8&
> > as_ugroup=*abuse*&lr=&num=30&hl=de
> >
> > The URL is apparently used in stock pushing scams.
>
> And PayPal URLs are used in phishing schemes, but do we put paypal.com
> into BigEvil?
>
> Edgar is SEC filings and is not evil. It should be removed,
> or at least
> given a small score.
>
> --
> John Hardin KA7OHZ

Hehehe I love the internet. It my favorite form of misunderstanding! Kai is
just talking about how it got there in the first place. THe whole discussion
was started because I said I am removing it from Bigevil. Hmm.....are you
saying I should add paypal.com to Bigevil? Sounds good, will do! ;)

--Chris
Re: BigEvil and edgar-online [ In reply to ]
From: "Mark A. DeMichele" <demi@intellipro.com>

> A user of my mail system just sent me an FP that hit on BigEvilList_181.
> It's from edgar-online.com. From what it looks like, he actually
> subscribed to something. Is it possible that this uri should not be
> part of the rule? For now, I guess I can either whitelist
> *@edgar-online.com, since that's where the email originated, or I can
> change the score of this entire rule to 0. Any suggestions?
>
> uri BigEvilList_181
> /\b(?:extreme-rapes\.com|excaliburproducts\.com|evansezmoney\.estarnetwo
> rk\.com|enjoyadvanced097\.org|emedorders\.com|email\.homemadesimple\.com
> |ehostzzz\.net|e-g\.com|efreedomweb\.net|edgar-online\.fundinfo\.wilink\
> .com|edgar-online\.com|edgar-online\.ar\.wilink\.com|ecredibledeals\.com
> |echofrompeople\.com|e\.1asphost\.com)\b/i
> describe BigEvilList_181 Generated BigEvilList_181
> score BigEvilList_181 3.0

1) Question if the person is a spammer himself or not.

2) Write a custom rule for that individual to let through the edgar-online
site for that particular person and give it a plus score of 1.

{o.o}
Re: BigEvil and edgar-online [ In reply to ]
From: "Kai Schaetzl" <maillists@conactive.com>

> Mark A. DeMichele wrote on Tue, 9 Mar 2004 08:10:52 -0500:
>
> > When I assed my user what edgar-online was he replied this:
> >
> > "It's a major site for locating SEC filings of public companies (been
> > around for years--real bona fide site)"
> >

> Here's how it got on the list:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?as_epq=edgar-online.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&
> as_ugroup=*abuse*&lr=&num=30&hl=de
>
> The URL is apparently used in stock pushing scams.

Kai, was this a forged address problem or material that came from their
URL and was not 'open relayed' through their site?

Their record is nearly a decade old, 18-Aug-1995.

{^_^}