coming through.

Is anybody else expericing this?

Frank
Re: Mail from Hotmail and Yahoo [ In reply to ]
Frank DeChellis wrote:

> We run SA 2.63 and Exim 4.2
>
> We have had many calls saying that email form Yahoo and Hotmail are not
> coming through.
>
> Is anybody else expericing this?

No.

Have you done _any_ sort of troubleshooting?

Damon
Re: Mail from Hotmail and Yahoo [ In reply to ]
Damon Cassell wrote:
> [...]
> Have you done _any_ sort of troubleshooting?

I did get a call that the Internet is down...

- Bob
RE: Mail from Hotmail and Yahoo [ In reply to ]
Well, the yahoo user gets no bounce back and the logs on our end show noting
out of the ordinary. I am wondering if it could be volume on their end, but
that seems unlikely.

Frank

Re: Mail from Hotmail and Yahoo [ In reply to ]
Ahh .. that would be me. I rebooted the Internet this morning.

RE: Mail from Hotmail and Yahoo [ In reply to ]
I just noticed something else. I'll refer this to the exim list. Thanks
Frank

Re: Mail from Hotmail and Yahoo [ In reply to ]
Not funny. Our mailserver DNS got hijacked sometime over the weekend
and our internet is pretty much down and these people act like it is my
fault. heheh

RE: Mail from Hotmail and Yahoo [ In reply to ]
Your mail server DNS in an internal machine right?

Re: Mail from Hotmail and Yahoo [ In reply to ]
Do you see any connection attempts from Yahoo mail servers? Is your
logging even configured to show you that? I don't know if Exim logs that
by default, but Postfix (my MTA of choice) does.

Your domain (iaw.on.ca) appears to have a valid MX record, and your mail
server is answering on port 25. This does not mean that Exim isn't
broken, however.

You need to do some more digging, and understand what your logs are
telling you. You haven't provided any information that would indicate
there is a SpamAssassin problem.

Damon

Re: Mail from Hotmail and Yahoo [ In reply to ]
Someone... Dunno who, but I have a good Idea, changed the ip of the box
at the url Registrant. It was not even coming close to here. I think
I need to move it and get it in my control, but I just started here not
too long ago and have more fun fighting spam than worrying about DNS.

have fun.

All I am hearing from all parties is finger pointing. as usual.

Re: Mail from Hotmail and Yahoo [ In reply to ]
Bob George <mailings02@ttlexceeded.com> wrote:
> Damon Cassell wrote:
>> [...]
>> Have you done _any_ sort of troubleshooting?
>
> I did get a call that the Internet is down...

The whole Internet? Someone must have shut their computer off for the
day!

(from my days in the helpdesk where people would come in and ask us to
put the Internet on their computer....)

--

Chris Barnes AOL IM: CNBarnes
chris-barnes@tamu.edu Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager ph: 979-845-7801
Department of Physics fax: 979-845-2590
Texas A&M University