Any hints?

Thanks,
Craig Jackson
Re: location of bayes_* [ In reply to ]
At 06:14 AM 3/2/04 -0600, Craig Jackson wrote:
>Hi,
>Spamassassin is running as user spamass. I wrote these Bash scripts that
>learn from spam in users' IMAP folder (.SPAM); howver, this script runs
>as root and then copies the bayes filters ... where? Into a
>.spamassassin directory in spamass's $HOME?

By default, yes.

>I ask because I tried that
>and I'm not sure it's working. I also tried bayes_path in
>/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and that doesn't do much.

One word of warning.. read the docs on bayes_path very carefuly. The
parameter to bayes_path isn't just a path.

ie:

bayes_path /var/spamassassin/bayes

Will cause the file /var/spamassassin/bayes_toks to be created and not
/var/spamassassin/bayes/bayes_toks... Note that the last part of bayes_path
isn't a directory, but the prefix of the filenames.

>Any hints?

spamassassin --lint should point out most syntax errors in config files..
check with it first.

From there spamassassin -D --lint should tell you what bayes files SA is
using. Along with a bunch of other debug output.