contains some amazon links for stuff to buy.
I have disabled bayes, just to be sure it was not the same as last time (
corrupted database ) but still cannot get the mail in to understand what's
catching SA attention.
Being dropped I cannot find the real motivations.
Any idea on how to get this mail through ?

TIA

Pierluigi
Re: How to find why a mail is SPAM DROPPED ? [ In reply to ]
So could it be simscan ?

I'm using qmail with simscan for clamav and spamassasin.
Thanks !

Re: How to find why a mail is SPAM DROPPED ? [ In reply to ]
It was simscan, that is compiled with enable-drop.
The problem was a bad expression in blacklist_from section in local.cf

Sorry for the noise.

Pierluigi

Re: How to find why a mail is SPAM DROPPED ? [ In reply to ]
Pierluigi Frullani skrev den 2024-04-18 19:44:

> I'm really fighting with spamassasin as one ( legit ) mail get spam
> dropped with a 99.90 value, also if I have put, in local.cf [1] a
> required hit of 100.

why is 100 required score ?

spamassassin does only tag, it does not drop

> The mail is sent from a legit gmail account ( my daughter ) to me and
> contains some amazon links for stuff to buy.

ask your family to be nice :)

> I have disabled bayes, just to be sure it was not the same as last
> time ( corrupted database ) but still cannot get the mail in to
> understand what's catching SA attention.

would be nice to see

spamc --full <spam-msg >spam-results

> Being dropped I cannot find the real motivations.
> Any idea on how to get this mail through ?

spamasssassin does not drop, ask your mailhoster why its not delivered
Re: How to find why a mail is SPAM DROPPED ? [ In reply to ]
Pierluigi Frullani skrev den 2024-04-18 19:52:
> So could it be simscan ?

super you wake up :)

configure it to pass spam, and reject virus

simscan is very old, btw
Re: How to find why a mail is SPAM DROPPED ? [ In reply to ]
Pierluigi Frullani skrev den 2024-04-18 20:23:
> It was simscan, that is compiled with enable-drop.

with is fine

> The problem was a bad expression in blacklist_from section in local.cf
> [1]

this is spam, not virus

> Sorry for the noise.

if you like to reject all / drop all, why not pants ? :)

/me hiddes, but i belive simscan can reject virus, and pass / not drop
spam if you configure it so