Is this something that can be configured?

Regards,
Emmanuel
Re: Syslog local3 [ In reply to ]
On 2024-04-03 at 05:49:20 UTC-0400 (Wed, 3 Apr 2024 11:49:20 +0200)
Emmanuel Seyman <emmanuel@seyman.fr>
is rumored to have said:

> Hello, all.
>
> It's taken me nearly a year to realize this but spamassassin sends to
> syslog with the local3 facility, not 'mail' as I had assumed.

The spamd daemon logs as mail as configured in the source distribution,
but a packager (e.g. Debian) may modify that. If you are using something
else to call Spamassassin, e.g. Amavis, MIMEDefang, etc., that other
software controls the logging.

> Is this something that can be configured?

If you're running spamd, the facility is set with the "-s" option, as
documented in the man page.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire
Re: Syslog local3 [ In reply to ]
* Bill Cole [03/04/2024 10:54] :

> If you are using something else to
> call Spamassassin, e.g. Amavis, MIMEDefang, etc., that other software
> controls the logging.

Ah, that must be it.

I'm using spamass-milter to allow postfix to call spamassassin and this
must be the result of spamass-milter's configuration. I'll look into
the documentation today.

> If you're running spamd, the facility is set with the "-s" option, as
> documented in the man page.

Indeed, but setting this had no effect.

Thenk you for the help, Bill.

Emmanuel