Does anyone have an interesting solution to this problem?
Or maybe some other lists connected?

--
Re: disable URIBL_ and spamhaus.net [ In reply to ]
Hi
Where in  pdns-recursor? I use pdns-recursor

/etc/powerdns/recursor.conf

RE: disable URIBL_ and spamhaus.net [ In reply to ]
> I must chane or disable permanently spamhaus.net and all everything he
> uses.
>
> They calculated the rate so much that I couldn't afford to use their toys
>
> Does anyone have an interesting solution to this problem?
> Or maybe some other lists connected?

Do you really need url checking? Maybe you can make a caching servlet so you do not send duplicate requests? I am thinking of doing this for geo / reverse geo lookups.
Re: disable URIBL_ and spamhaus.net [ In reply to ]
Hi
IRTFM beacuse I use pdns-recursor where
max-cache-ttl default is 86400
ecs-minimum-ttl-override=60
minimum-ttl-override=60

Re: disable URIBL_ and spamhaus.net [ In reply to ]
W dniu 3.04.2024 o 11:20, Marc pisze:
>> I must chane or disable permanently spamhaus.net and all everything he
>> uses.
>>
>> They calculated the rate so much that I couldn't afford to use their toys
>>
>> Does anyone have an interesting solution to this problem?
>> Or maybe some other lists connected?
>>
> Do you really need url checking? Maybe you can make a caching servlet so you do not send duplicate requests? I am thinking of doing this for geo / reverse geo lookups.
I try naw disable:

URIBL_SBL 0
URIBL_CSS 0
URIBL_SBL_A URIBL_CSS_A 0
URIBL_ZEN_BLOCKED_OPENDNS 0
URIBL_ZEN_BLOCKED 0
URIBL_DBL_SPAM 0
 URIBL_DBL_PHISH 0
URIBL_DBL_MALWARE 0
URIBL_DBL_BOTNETCC 0
URIBL_DBL_ABUSE_SPAM 0
URIBL_DBL_ABUSE_REDIR 0
URIBL_DBL_ABUSE_PHISH 0
URIBL_DBL_ABUSE_MALW 0
URIBL_DBL_ABUSE_BOTCC 0
URIBL_DBL_ERROR 0
URIBL_DBL_BLOCKED_OPENDNS URIBL_DBL_BLOCKED 0

Is that enough ?

Re: disable URIBL_ and spamhaus.net [ In reply to ]
On 03.04.24 11:18, natan wrote:
>Where in? pdns-recursor? I use pdns-recursor
>
>/etc/powerdns/recursor.conf

This is not about pdns-recursor itself. It's about using own recursing DNS
server

- you you don't use DNS server of your ISP, google(8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4),
cloudflare(1.1.1.1) or quad-nine (9.9.9.9)

look into your /etc/resolv.conf or SpamAssassin's configuration of
"dns_server" (if there's none, /etc/resolv.conf is used).

>W dniu 3.04.2024 o?11:10, Reindl Harald (privat) pisze:
>>use unbound as caching resolver and configure TTL properly
>>
>>cache-min-ttl: 60
>>cache-max-negative-ttl: 60
>>
>>Am 03.04.24 um 11:06 schrieb natan:
>>>Hi
>>>I must chane or disable permanently spamhaus.net and all
>>>everything he uses.
>>>
>>>They calculated the rate so much that I couldn't afford to use
>>>their toys
>>>
>>>Does anyone have an interesting solution to this problem?
>>>Or maybe some other lists connected?
Enter any 12-digit prime number to continue.
Re: disable URIBL_ and spamhaus.net [ In reply to ]
natan skrev den 2024-04-03 11:06:

> I must chane or disable permanently spamhaus.net and all everything he
> uses.

+1

> They calculated the rate so much that I couldn't afford to use their
> toys

+1

> Does anyone have an interesting solution to this problem?
> Or maybe some other lists connected?

more verbose info on how you use dns in your server setup is needed

local resolver is payed

no local resolver, no good results, your choice
Re: disable URIBL_ and spamhaus.net [ In reply to ]
Hi
In this machine I use
cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 127.0.0.1

Re: disable URIBL_ and spamhaus.net [ In reply to ]

Re: disable URIBL_ and spamhaus.net [ In reply to ]

On 03.04.24 14:34, natan wrote:
>cat /etc/resolv.conf
>nameserver 127.0.0.1

so apparently you only use locally installed DNS server which I assume is
powerdns-recursor.

I guess your powerdns-recursor is not configured to forward lookups to other
DNS servers but your ISP still may redirect DNS lookups to its servers.

How many mail does your machine process daily?
spamhaus limits to about 100k lookups daily.

according to SA docs:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPAMASSASSIN/DnsBlocklists

since spamassassin 3.4 it should be enough to disable spamhaus lookups:

dns_query_restriction deny spamhaus.org

or probably split to these:

dns_query_restriction deny zen.spamhaus.org
dns_query_restriction deny dbl.spamhaus.org

(if you lates find out one of those would work)

42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Re: disable URIBL_ and spamhaus.net [ In reply to ]
W dniu 3.04.2024 o 15:25, Matus UHLAR - fantomas pisze:

>> W dniu 3.04.2024 o 13:17, Matus UHLAR - fantomas pisze:
>>> This is not about pdns-recursor itself. It's about using own
>>> recursing DNS server
>>>
>>> - you you don't use DNS server of your ISP, google(8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4),
>>>   cloudflare(1.1.1.1) or quad-nine (9.9.9.9)
>>>
>>> look into your /etc/resolv.conf or SpamAssassin's configuration of
>>> "dns_server" (if there's none, /etc/resolv.conf is used).
>
> On 03.04.24 14:34, natan wrote:
>> cat /etc/resolv.conf
>> nameserver 127.0.0.1
>
> so apparently you only use locally installed DNS server which I assume
> is powerdns-recursor.
>
> I guess your powerdns-recursor is not configured to forward lookups to
> other DNS servers but your ISP still may redirect DNS lookups to its
> servers.
>
> How many mail does your machine process daily?
> spamhaus limits to about 100k lookups daily.
~200K

> according to SA docs:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPAMASSASSIN/DnsBlocklists
>
> since spamassassin 3.4 it should be enough to disable spamhaus lookups:
>
> dns_query_restriction deny spamhaus.org
>
> or probably split to these:

For test I add i local.cf