If it isn't, what can I do to correct things?

Further information available on request. Thanks in advance!

Ken
Re: Problem installing Spamassassin 4.0.0 on Ubuntu 23.10 Server [ In reply to ]
> On Feb 14, 2024, at 06:12, Ken Wright <daddywarlock@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ?I've built a mail server and I wanted to include Spamassasin. As noted
> above, the machine is running Ubuntu Server 23.10, so I started with
>
> sudo apt install spamassassin spamc
>
> but I can't start the spamassassin.service; the error message I get
> when I run
>
> sudo systemctl start spamassassin
>
> says "Failed to start spamassassin.service: Unit spamassassin.service
> not found." Spamd, however, is active and running. Is this normal?
> If it isn't, what can I do to correct things?
>
> Further information available on request. Thanks in advance!

The service seems to be have renamed. It is the same on Debian. You also have to change now /etc/default/spamd instead of /etc/default/spamassassin for start-up options.

Niels
Re: Problem installing Spamassassin 4.0.0 on Ubuntu 23.10 Server [ In reply to ]

On 14.02.24 06:15, Niels Kobsch?tzki wrote:
> The service seems to be have renamed. It is the same on Debian. You also
> have to change now /etc/default/spamd instead of /etc/default/spamassassin
> for start-up options.

and the "spamd" package as well.

Chernobyl was an Windows 95 beta test site.
Re: Problem installing Spamassassin 4.0.0 on Ubuntu 23.10 Server [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2024-02-14 at 06:15 +0100, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:

> > On Feb 14, 2024, at 06:12, Ken Wright <daddywarlock@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > ?I've built a mail server and I wanted to include Spamassasin.  As
> > noted above, the machine is running Ubuntu Server 23.10, so I
> > started with
> >
> >   sudo apt install spamassassin spamc
> >
> > but I can't start the spamassassin.service; the error message I get
> > when I run
> >
> >   sudo systemctl start spamassassin
> >
> > says "Failed to start spamassassin.service: Unit
> > spamassassin.service not found."  Spamd, however, is active and
> > running.  Is this normal? If it isn't, what can I do to correct
> > things?
> >
> > Further information available on request.  Thanks in advance!
>
> The service seems to be have renamed. It is the same on Debian. You
> also have to change now /etc/default/spamd instead of
> /etc/default/spamassassin for start-up options.

So it's normal? I don't need to obsess over it?

Ken
Re: Problem installing Spamassassin 4.0.0 on Ubuntu 23.10 Server [ In reply to ]

On 14.02.24 00:23, Ken Wright wrote:
>So it's normal? I don't need to obsess over it?

You don't. Just note it for further installations.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...
Re: Problem installing Spamassassin 4.0.0 on Ubuntu 23.10 Server [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2024-02-14 at 09:59 +0100, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> > On Wed, 2024-02-14 at 06:15 +0100, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
> > > The service seems to be have renamed. It is the same on Debian.
> > > You also have to change now /etc/default/spamd instead of
> > > /etc/default/spamassassin for start-up options.
>
> On 14.02.24 00:23, Ken Wright wrote:
> > So it's normal?  I don't need to obsess over it?
>
> You don't. Just note it for further installations.

Thank you! I will make a note.

Ken