might remain in "flagged SPAM" or "Missed SPAM"?, thinking along lines
of keeping BAYES "clean and sharp". So to speak.

Leave as is? Delete and re learn?
Re: when whitelisting, do what with marked SPAM? [ In reply to ]
On 14.11.23 13:05, joe a wrote:
>Low volume home office user and system.
>
>Occasionally when first dealing with a new entity, their
>correspondence gets flagged as SPAM.
>
>When I whitelist these, what should be done with those messages that
>might remain in "flagged SPAM" or "Missed SPAM"?, thinking along lines
>of keeping BAYES "clean and sharp". So to speak.
>
>Leave as is? Delete and re learn?

Simply relearn FPs. Unless you have huge misclassification issue, learning
as few mail as one should fix BAYES issues.

M$ Win's are shit, do not use it !
Re: when whitelisting, do what with marked SPAM? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 14 Nov 2023, joe a wrote:

> Low volume home office user and system.
>
> Occasionally when first dealing with a new entity, their correspondence gets
> flagged as SPAM.
>
> When I whitelist these, what should be done with those messages that might
> remain in "flagged SPAM" or "Missed SPAM"?, thinking along lines of keeping
> BAYES "clean and sharp". So to speak.
>
> Leave as is? Delete and re learn?

For a low volume home office user, I would simply NOT autolearn. Set up a
hambox and a spambox and manually feed them and train from them.

jhardin@impsec.org pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org
The reason it took so long to get Bin Laden is that it took the
SEALs five years to swim that far into the desert. -- anon
1,263 days since the first private commercial manned orbital mission (SpaceX)
Re: when whitelisting, do what with marked SPAM? [ In reply to ]
On 11/14/2023 20:48:27, John Hardin wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2023, joe a wrote:
>
>> Low volume home office user and system.
>>
>> Occasionally when first dealing with a new entity, their
>> correspondence gets flagged as SPAM.
>>
>> When I whitelist these, what should be done with those messages that
>> might remain in "flagged SPAM" or "Missed SPAM"?, thinking along lines
>> of keeping BAYES "clean and sharp".  So to speak.
>>
>> Leave as is?  Delete and re learn?
>
> For a low volume home office user, I would simply NOT autolearn. Set up
> a hambox and a spambox and manually feed them and train from them.

I have autolearn off and have a spam and ham folder set up and "relearn"
twice daily.
Re: when whitelisting, do what with marked SPAM? [ In reply to ]
On 11/14/2023 13:46:11, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> On 14.11.23 13:05, joe a wrote:
>> Low volume home office user and system.
>>
>> Occasionally when first dealing with a new entity, their
>> correspondence gets flagged as SPAM.
>>
>> When I whitelist these, what should be done with those messages that
>> might remain in "flagged SPAM" or "Missed SPAM"?, thinking along lines
>> of keeping BAYES "clean and sharp".  So to speak.
>>
>> Leave as is?  Delete and re learn?
>
> Simply relearn FPs. Unless you have huge misclassification issue,
> learning as few mail as one should fix BAYES issues.

Move previously tagged SPAM into HAM folder and "relearn"?
Re: when whitelisting, do what with marked SPAM? [ In reply to ]

On 14.11.23 22:02, joe a wrote:
>Move previously tagged SPAM into HAM folder and "relearn"?

yes.
re-training SA on the same file works as if previous training was not done.

Re: when whitelisting, do what with marked SPAM? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 14 Nov 2023, joe a wrote:

> On 11/14/2023 13:46:11, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>> On 14.11.23 13:05, joe a wrote:
>>> Low volume home office user and system.
>>>
>>> Occasionally when first dealing with a new entity, their correspondence
>>> gets flagged as SPAM.
>>>
>>> When I whitelist these, what should be done with those messages that
>>> might remain in "flagged SPAM" or "Missed SPAM"?, thinking along lines of
>>> keeping BAYES "clean and sharp".  So to speak.
>>>
>>> Leave as is?  Delete and re learn?
>>
>> Simply relearn FPs. Unless you have huge misclassification issue, learning
>> as few mail as one should fix BAYES issues.
>>

> Move previously tagged SPAM into HAM folder and "relearn"?

Right. Train on misclassifications.

Also if there was a ham in your spam corpus review why it got
misclassified in the first place.

jhardin@impsec.org pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org
Poor planning on your part does not create
an obligation on my part.
1,264 days since the first private commercial manned orbital mission (SpaceX)