--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/
Re: increase Pyzor weight [ In reply to ]
On 28-06-2023 10:46, Richard Lucassen wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Is it possible to increase the weight of PYZOR_CHECK score?
>
> R.

Yes,

This works the same as a regular score (it is a regular score of
course). See
https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/4.0.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#SCORING-OPTIONS

Kind regards,
Tom
Re: increase Pyzor weight [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 11:17:43 +0200
Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 28.06.23 um 10:46 schrieb Richard Lucassen:
> > Is it possible to increase the weight of PYZOR_CHECK score?
>
> what makes you think that PYZOR_CHECK is more special than any other
> rule?
>
> score PYZOR_CHECK 1.0

Because quite a lot of junk passes while the junk is detected by Pyzor.
Just a try to see if that works ;-)

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/
Re: increase Pyzor weight [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 12:50:28 +0200
Tom Hendrikx <tom@whyscream.net> wrote:

> > Is it possible to increase the weight of PYZOR_CHECK score?
>
> Yes,
>
> This works the same as a regular score (it is a regular score of
> course). See
> https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/4.0.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#SCORING-OPTIONS

Thnx Tom, I'll have a look at it :-)

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/
Re: increase Pyzor weight [ In reply to ]
Richard Lucassen skrev den 2023-06-28 10:46:

> Is it possible to increase the weight of PYZOR_CHECK score?

sure its opensource, just do it :=)

but only in local.cf file, or sql/ldap user prefs

local.cf will be global, while sql/ldap can be global or pr user

in userpref file pr system pam users it can be changed aswell

more help ?, just ask
Re: increase Pyzor weight [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 23:58:24 +0200
Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:

> > Because quite a lot of junk passes while the junk is detected by
> > Pyzor. Just a try to see if that works ;-)
>
> "score RULE_NAME number" is genric and that was my point
>
> Pyzor BTW don't detect junk at it's own, it's a subset and the point
> of a scoring system is that junk/ham isn't black and white
>
> pyzor also "detects" a ton of legit mass mail
>
> if it's your server that may be differnt, for 500 hundret users a lot
> of that mass-mail is legit and a lot of false-positives is caused by
> morons marking mails they subscribed for as junk because they are to
> dumb to unsubscribe

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but I’m not
sure about the universe.

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/