Mailing List Archive

parameters: use_pyzor and use_razor2
Hello,

we have installed Spamassassin (debian 11.6) vesion 4.0 from source.
With backend MariaDB 10.5.18-MariaDB-0+deb11u1 - Debian 11.

Spamassassin is raising these messages

info: config: not parsing, administrator setting: use_pyzor\t0
info: config: failed to parse line in (sql config) (line 9): use_pyzor\t0
info: config: not parsing, administrator setting: use_razor2\t0
info: config: failed to parse line in (sql config) (line 10): use_razor2\t0

Nevertheless, in the execution phase Spamassasin performs RAZOR2 check,
here below an excerpt of out log file.

at Apr 29 11:11:35 2023 [1768541] info: spamd: result: Y 899 -
DMARC_QUAR,FSL_BULK_SIG,GTUBE,NO_RELAYS,PP_MIME_FAKE_ASCII_TEXT,RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100,RAZOR2_CHECK,THIS_AD,TXREP,USER_IN_WELCOMELIST,USER_IN_WHITELIST
scantime=10.7,size=29004,use

We do not get these messages when we use the old version 3.4.6.

Are these parameters still valid or are they deprecated? or what else?

thanks

Antonio

info@servermx.com
www.servermx.com
PGP public key: https://www.servermx.com/en/utility/pgp
Re: parameters: use_pyzor and use_razor2 [ In reply to ]
On 29.04.23 12:42, info@servermx.com wrote:
>we have installed Spamassassin (debian 11.6) vesion 4.0 from source.

why from source? SA 4.0 for deban 11 is available in backports.
Futher it's upgradable, unlike when built from source.

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I bought a Macintosh".
Re: parameters: use_pyzor and use_razor2 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 29 Apr 2023, info@servermx.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have installed Spamassassin (debian 11.6) vesion 4.0 from source.
> With backend MariaDB 10.5.18-MariaDB-0+deb11u1 - Debian 11.
>
> Spamassassin is raising these messages
>
> info: config: not parsing, administrator setting: use_pyzor\t0
> info: config: failed to parse line in (sql config) (line 9): use_pyzor\t0
> info: config: not parsing, administrator setting: use_razor2\t0
> info: config: failed to parse line in (sql config) (line 10): use_razor2\t0

... in SQL config? perhaps the lines are misplaced?

jhardin@impsec.org pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org
Gridlock is the next best thing to having constitutional government.
-- Steven Hayward
2 days until May Day - Remember 110 million people murdered by Communism
Re: parameters: use_pyzor and use_razor2 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 12:42:43PM +0200, info@servermx.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have installed Spamassassin (debian 11.6) vesion 4.0 from source.
> With backend MariaDB 10.5.18-MariaDB-0+deb11u1 - Debian 11.
>
> Spamassassin is raising these messages
>
> info: config: not parsing, administrator setting: use_pyzor\t0
> info: config: failed to parse line in (sql config) (line 9): use_pyzor\t0
> info: config: not parsing, administrator setting: use_razor2\t0
> info: config: failed to parse line in (sql config) (line 10): use_razor2\t0
>
> Nevertheless, in the execution phase Spamassasin performs RAZOR2 check,
> here below an excerpt of out log file.
>
> at Apr 29 11:11:35 2023 [1768541] info: spamd: result: Y 899 -
> DMARC_QUAR,FSL_BULK_SIG,GTUBE,NO_RELAYS,PP_MIME_FAKE_ASCII_TEXT,RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100,RAZOR2_CHECK,THIS_AD,TXREP,USER_IN_WELCOMELIST,USER_IN_WHITELIST
> scantime=10.7,size=29004,use
>
> We do not get these messages when we use the old version 3.4.6.
>
> Are these parameters still valid or are they deprecated? or what else?

In 4.0 they are administrator (site-wide) setting only, 3.4 incorrectly did
not have that restriction.

To disable rules per-user, set the rule scores to 0 in sql.

If you want to disable the plugins completely, then do not load them at all
or use the settings in local.cf (can't remember right now if SQL supports
site-wide/admin settings).
Re: parameters: use_pyzor and use_razor2 [ In reply to ]
thanks John Hardin and Henrik K,
The parameters "use_pyzor" and "use_razor2"think are correct -
https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html
I think

I would like to keep "use_pyzor" and "use_razor2" parameters working per
user-based.
I noticed that putting the values

preference = use_pyzor
value = 0

preference = use_razor2
value = 0

Spamassassin reads those values.
I can see the values on the log

use_pyzor\t0
use_razor2\t0

the values is after the "t". (I performed a test putting value=1 and I
see use_pyzor\t1 on the log)

--
with kind regards

the servermx.com Team
Coranto informatica
Via Torricelli, 9 09047 Selargius (CA) - Italy
Phone & Fax: +39 070 8607521
info@servermx.com
www.servermx.com
PGP public key: https://www.servermx.com/en/utility/pgp

Confidentiality statement: all information included in this
communication is intended solely for delivery to authorized use by the
addressee identified above. If you are not the intended recipient,
please note that any use, distribution or copying of this communication
is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this communication from your computer.
Re: parameters: use_pyzor and use_razor2 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 10:36:07AM +0200, info@servermx.com wrote:
> thanks John Hardin and Henrik K,
> The parameters "use_pyzor" and "use_razor2"think are correct - https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html
> I think
>
> I would like to keep "use_pyzor" and "use_razor2" parameters working per
> user-based.

I told you, it does not work this way in 4.0. If you want to disable a
rule, then use "score RAZOR2_CHECK 0" etc to disable specific rules per
user.

Looking at the code, not sure if the is_admin attributes are correct in all
the plugins or not, maybe someone can check if they actually work properly
per-user and fix for 4.0.1.
Re: parameters: use_pyzor and use_razor2 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 01:19:53PM +0300, Henrik K wrote:

> Looking at the code, not sure if the is_admin attributes are correct in all
> the plugins or not, maybe someone can check if they actually work properly
> per-user and fix for 4.0.1.

Committed fixes for a bunch of modules, now use_dcc/pyzor/razor2 is allowed
for users amongst other things. Download new trunk or wait for 4.0.1.