Mailing List Archive

msg - /cron.daily/spamassassin - forrwarding?
hi, since enable this on main.cf
notify_classes = resource, software, bounce
bounce_notice_recipient = name@domain.com

i will recieve the message
<root@domain.com>: host mail.domain.com[private/dovecot-lmtp] said: 550 5.1.1
<root@domain.com>: User doesn't exist: root@domain.com (in reply to RCPT TO command)

grep -Ril "root@domain.com" /etc 'result in no possible hit'

i try also to add this alias to /etc/aliases
root: name@domain.com 'so that this root forrwarding to name'

search and see that this will comming from
/etc/cron.daily/spamassassin: channel 'updates.spamassassin.org':
could not find working mirror, channel failed sa-update failed for unknown reasons

after check i see this didn't answer
# ping updates.spamassassin.org
ping: updates.spamassassin.org: No address associated with hostname

after check /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin i dont see any entry like this mailaddress
so please how i can change this, so that always this message come to me Adress to:
name@domain.com

or comming this from the older version from Spamassassin like "spamassassin 3.4.2-1+deb10u3"?
/etc/cron.daily/spamassassin

i'am running with Debian 10.13 and spamassassin
SpamAssassin version 4.0.0
Perl version 5.28.1

meny thanks for any hint
Re: msg - /cron.daily/spamassassin - forrwarding? [ In reply to ]
On 25.01.23 19:32, Maurizio Caloro wrote:
>Subject: msg - /cron.daily/spamassassin - forrwarding?
>
>hi, since enable this on main.cf
> notify_classes = resource, software, bounce
> bounce_notice_recipient = name@domain.com
>
>i will recieve the message
> <root@domain.com>: host mail.domain.com[private/dovecot-lmtp] said: 550 5.1.1
> <root@domain.com>: User doesn't exist: root@domain.com (in reply to RCPT TO command)

according to Subject: I assume that this is the output of /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin,
which is run under "root" user, so you local MTA sends output of the cron
job to the "root" user.

>grep -Ril "root@domain.com" /etc 'result in no possible hit'

obviously you did NOT have root aliased to any user, local or remote.

>i try also to add this alias to /etc/aliases
> root: name@domain.com 'so that this root forrwarding to name'
>
>search and see that this will comming from
> /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin: channel 'updates.spamassassin.org':
> could not find working mirror, channel failed sa-update failed for unknown reasons

Do you have internet connectivity at night when the cron job is run?

>after check i see this didn't answer
> # ping updates.spamassassin.org
> ping: updates.spamassassin.org: No address associated with hostname

updates.spamassassin.org has no host record and "ping" is not a good tool to
verify DNS issues.

>after check /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin i dont see any entry like this mailaddress
>so please how i can change this, so that always this message come to me Adress to:
> name@domain.com

explained above.

>or comming this from the older version from Spamassassin like "spamassassin 3.4.2-1+deb10u3"?
> /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin
>
>i'am running with Debian 10.13 and spamassassin
> SpamAssassin version 4.0.0
> Perl version 5.28.1
>
>meny thanks for any hint

Spam is for losers who can't get business any other way.