sudo. sudo seems to work if you want to install SA for all users instead of
in the home directory. The key is that the building/testing is happening in
the user's home directory.
Re: SA build from cpan fails under certain conditions [ In reply to ]
On 21.12.22 13:05, Shawn Iverson wrote:
>sudo cpan Mail::Spamassassin seems to only build properly on recent flavors
>of rhel under very specific conditions, notably:

I recommend you NOT install spamassassin via CPAN, but from package.
perhaps the one in redhat or in EPEL

Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?
Re: SA build from cpan fails under certain conditions [ In reply to ]
I agree with you on that. In my specific use case I need fallback to cpan
when rpms aren't available.

Re: SA build from cpan fails under certain conditions [ In reply to ]
If this is on 4.0, perhaps a bug should be opened.