Mailing List Archive

Two bayes db questions
Hia!
I've been using SpamAssassin for a few years now and I still love it ;)
Lately I setup a sitewide bayes filter on a mailserver (using spamd) and I'm
seeing a few things I don't understand....

From local.cf:
bayes_auto_learn 0
bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/files/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0666

1) bayes_journal is growing
Apparently it's normall for bayes_journal to be updated and grow even though
I have 'bayes_auto_learn 0'.... I certainly see it happening on this system.
Can anyone give me a quick answer as to why?

2) spamd tryes to R/W tie to bayes_*
As I have specifyed 'bayes_auto_learn 0' I would have thought that it would
only make a R/O tie.... is there any way I can stop that behaviour (aside
from changing the permissions)?
It's filling up my logs :( I get the following for every single message:

Feb 27 17:19:09 troll spamd[9541]: Cannot open bayes databases
/etc/mail/spamassassin/files/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Permission denied
Feb 27 17:19:09 troll spamd[9541]: Cannot open bayes databases
/etc/mail/spamassassin/files/bayes_* R/W: tie failed: Permission denied

Many thanks folks......

Nick