Mailing List Archive

Running SA from Procmail
Hi there,

I have a default install of SpamAssassin 2.63, I'm currently running it via
procmail like this:

# Spam Assassiin and other spam filtering
:0fw: spamassassin.lock
| /usr/local/spamassassin/bin/spamassassin

:0 w: spamassassin.lock
* 10 ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
$HOME/Mail/.0-Spam/

Is that the best way to go about things, or should I be doing something else?

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
RE: Running SA from Procmail [ In reply to ]
> # Spam Assassiin and other spam filtering
> :0fw: spamassassin.lock
> | /usr/local/spamassassin/bin/spamassassin
>
> :0 w: spamassassin.lock
> * 10 ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
> $HOME/Mail/.0-Spam/

I may be wrong but I don't think you need lockfiles on either of these.
The first is a filter & you don't have to be worried about something else
writing to it at the same time.
The second is a Maildir folder, it saves messages as files so you don't have
to worry about something else writing to it.

I would rewrite this:

> :0 w: spamassassin.lock
> * 10 ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
> $HOME/Mail/.0-Spam/