Mailing List Archive

What is triggering BAD_X_HEADERS?
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what is causing the BAD_X_HEADERS hit on these
headers? Is it the X-URL?

I've removed the other headers for privacy but if they're needed i'll
post them. The X-From-Domain is added after download (i think all of
the last four must be) so it isn't that but this is from an authentic
email so i don't want it to trigger the BAD_X_HEADERS test.

Any info is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Mat
Re: What is triggering BAD_X_HEADERS? [ In reply to ]
At 02:39 PM 2/25/2004, Mat Bowen wrote:
>Can anyone tell me what is causing the BAD_X_HEADERS hit on these
>headers? Is it the X-URL?

Assuming you're using the rule from
http://www.merchantsoverseas.com/wwwroot/gorilla/nov2rules.cf it looks like
X-URL would trip it.

A brief Google search for BAD_X_HEADERS turns up the following report of
false positives with the same cause:
http://www.mail-archive.com/spamassassin-talk@lists.sourceforge.net/msg25144.html

Kelson Vibber
Re: What is triggering BAD_X_HEADERS? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:40:42 -0800, Kelson Vibber wrote:
> At 02:39 PM 2/25/2004, Mat Bowen wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me what is causing the BAD_X_HEADERS hit on these
>> headers? Is it the X-URL?
>
> Assuming you're using the rule from
> http://www.merchantsoverseas.com/wwwroot/gorilla/nov2rules.cf it
> looks like
> X-URL would trip it.
>
> A brief Google search for BAD_X_HEADERS turns up the following
> report of
> false positives with the same cause:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/spamassassin-
> talk@lists.sourceforge.net/msg25144.html
>

> Kelson Vibber
> SpeedGate Communications <www.speed.net>;

Thanks i see it now in nov2rules.cf and have removed it. I hope the
URL test gets removed from future updates, or at least the score
decreased.

Thanks again,
Mat

PS: My apologies to Kelson in sending my first reply directly to him
and not to the list.
RE: What is triggering BAD_X_HEADERS? [ In reply to ]
Noted! Will take care of this on next update of SARE. Which is actually
being worked on ;)

--Chris