Mailing List Archive

Multiple body checks for ONE rule
Based on the MySQL user body rules not working, is it possible to do
something like this:

# entry for custom sql checks.
describe CUST_BODY_CHECKS Custom Body Checks
score CUST_BODY_CHECKS 0

# body checks below this line:
body CUST_BODY_CHECKS /rule # 1/ /rule #2/ /rule #3/ /rule n/

Then in the sql prefs, the user could set the score to whatever they would
like to participate in MY body_reject list.

I have over 300 body checks and would like to string them out over multiple
lines like so:

body CUST_BODY_CHECKS
/rule 1/
/rule 2/
/rule 3/

But of course, spamd goes ballistic when I try that.

Any suggestions?

-=Ray
---------------------------------------
A MiG at your six is better than no MiG at all.
Unknown U.S. Fighter Pilot
RE: Multiple body checks for ONE rule [ In reply to ]
I fixed my own problem, but it's not very graceful....What I did was this:

# entry for custom sql checks.

# body checks below this line:
body __bc_0002 /00risk-100bestclix.com/i
body __bc_0003 /10cialagenius.biz/i
body __bc_0004 /1cialagenius.biz/i
body __bc_0005 /1ncred1blepr1nt1ngvalues.com/I
.
.
.

Turns out I have 574 bc rules, so my meta line is really crappy looking
(7540 chars long):

meta CUST_BODY_CHECKS ( __bc_0002 || __bc_0003 || __bc_0004 || __bc_0005
|| ... )

describe CUST_BODY_CHECKS Custom Body Checks
score CUST_BODY_CHECKS 0

The the users can put their own score in the body checks score.

So I have two questions:

1) Is there a better way of doing this? The long term goal would be to
fire off an e-mail to a special e-mail address and have it automatically add
any domains, hyperlinks, and e-mail addresses it finds in the body of the
message (with my own exceptions of course).

And if the answer to 1) is no, than at a minimum:

2) Can the meta line be spread out vertically such as:

meta CUST_BODY_CHECKS (
__bc_0002 ||
__bc_0003 ||
.
.
.
)

Many thanks,

-=Ray
I never went into the air thinking I would lose.
Commander Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN, 5 Victories, Vietnam Conflict

Re: Multiple body checks for ONE rule [ In reply to ]
It may not be the best way to do it, but use a meta rule as the name that the user can tweak the score on.
Just || together all of the individual tests that the user can score with a single score.
You would probably be better off (with 300 tests) to group them in several groups so that the user can adjust scores at least by subgroup. You could or all of the subgroups into a master group if you really wanted.

Loren