Ho can I use my _seen and _toks files for all users?

--
Korchmenuk Nickolay
25 Feb 2004 12:46:59
Re: bayes common base [ In reply to ]
----- Original Message -----
From: "Korchmenuk Nickolay" <nyck@ukrsat.com>
To: "spamassassin-users" <spamassassin-users@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 16:24
Subject: bayes common base

> Hi
>
> I have not any "tests=BAYES_" messages in "X-Spam-Status" header.
> My local.cf for bayes:
> use_bayes 1
> bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0700
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam 0.1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 10.0
bayes_auto_learn 1
> I've put bayes_seen and bayes_toks form ~/.spamassassin to
/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes and make root:wheel owner for that files.

> Ho can I use my _seen and _toks files for all users?

I had a similar problem . My path was ok but the problem was with the
ownership of Bayes files .I had set it to root.root . Later from the Spamd
Log ( with spamd in Debug mode ) I found that it's not able to read the
files ( permisson denied ) .I fixed it by setting the ownership to qldap .

Re: bayes common base [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 12:54:54 +0200, Korchmenuk Nickolay wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have not any "tests=BAYES_" messages in "X-Spam-Status" header.
>My local.cf for bayes:
>use_bayes 1
>bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes bayes_file_mode 0700 bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam 0.1 bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 10.0 bayes_auto_learn 1
>I've put bayes_seen and bayes_toks form ~/.spamassassin to /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes and make root:wheel owner for that files.

I believe you've put your files in the wrong place. The bayes_path
directive specifies not only the path of the files, but also the root
of their filenames - SA simply appends _seen and _toks to the specified
"path" to form the full path and filename. This allows you to, for
example, specify
bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/shared_bayes
and name the files
/etc/mail/spamassassin/shared_bayes_toks and
/etc/mail/spamassassin/shared_bayes_seen

In your case, SA is looking for /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes_toks
and /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes_seen, while it appears you've
placed them one /bayes subdirectory lower.

(Note that this is the behaviour I've observed under win32. I cannot
say whether it also applies on other platforms.)

Hope that helps,
Jon Etkins
Austin, TX