Mailing List Archive

How do I check for message character set?
Preamble: I am getting a lot of spam from APNIC (Asia-Pacific IP range). I
am also getting a lot of ham from them - we have a subsidiary in Taiwan, so
I cannot just put a score on IP range alone. RBL is not an option for me for
various reasons.
Most spam that I get from them comes in us-ascii charset, while most of the
ham has some legit for their region charset - other than us. I would like to
have a meta rule that checks for us charset that comes from APNIC.
My only thought so far has been
full /charsert="us-ascii"/ but I just do not like it - it seems that I
will miss BASE-64 encodings and maybe something else. My gut feeling tells
me that it would not work.

Is there any eval test that would let me get a message' charset? Or will
the full test work in this case?

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks!

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you for your cooperation