Any advice will be appreciated.

ninemsn Premium transforms your e-mail with colours, photos and animated
text. Click here http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp
Re: unblacklist_to equivalent? [ In reply to ]
At 07:52 PM 2/17/2004, Damon McMahon wrote:
>I want to be able to tag mail with certain domains in the To: header, but
>then exclude certain addresses from this filter; something like:
>
>blacklist_to *@baddomain.com
>unblacklist_to good_address@baddomain.com
>
>There does not appear to be an unblacklist_to directive. Can anyone assist?

It should be noted that blacklist_to was kind of added as an afterthought..
so it's not surprising it lacks an un* feature.

It was mostly added because all the other combinations of
(black|white)list_(from|to) existed, except that one.

You might try:
blacklist_to *@baddomain.com
whitelist_to good_address@baddomain.com

and see what wins out.
Re: unblacklist_to equivalent? [ In reply to ]
Thanks Matt, I did try that but the resultant score was too high for
mail addressed to good_address.

Perhaps I'll elaborate. We have a deprecated ISP account which I'll call
good_address@baddomain.com . I notice a lot of spam not being tagged
with too low a score going to this address, but a distinguishing feature
of much of it is that the To: header contains
some_other_address@baddomain.com . So, I want to be able to tell SA that
anything which contains To: *@baddomain.com but does not contain To:
good_address@baddomain.com is most likely spam.

What I really would like is a regex to place in a HEADER test, but I'm a
novice at regexs and can't see a way to do this. Perhaps there is?

Re: unblacklist_to equivalent? [ In reply to ]
At 08:28 PM 2/17/2004, Damon McMahon wrote:
>Perhaps I'll elaborate. We have a deprecated ISP account which I'll call
>good_address@baddomain.com . I notice a lot of spam not being tagged with
>too low a score going to this address, but a distinguishing feature of
>much of it is that the To: header contains
>some_other_address@baddomain.com . So, I want to be able to tell SA that
>anything which contains To: *@baddomain.com but does not contain To:
>good_address@baddomain.com is most likely spam.
>
>What I really would like is a regex to place in a HEADER test, but I'm a
>novice at regexs and can't see a way to do this. Perhaps there is?

I'd do a meta test myself.. something like this:

header __FROM_BADDOMAIN From =~ /baddomain\.com/i
header __FROM_BADDOMAIN_GOOD_ADDR From =~ /good_address\@baddomain\.com/i
meta FROM_BADDOMAIN_NOT_GOOD (__FROM_BADDOMAIN &&
! __FROM_BADDOMAIN_GOOD_ADDR)

score FROM_BADDOMAIN_NOT_GOOD 20.0

Note: the above was written off the top of my head and might contain typos,
syntax errors, etc and isn't tested. But, it gets the idea across.
Re: unblacklist_to equivalent? [ In reply to ]
Thanks, Matt, that works a charm!