Mailing List Archive

RT 3.6.1 (And Hiveminder!)
I know I promised to release RT 3.6.1 on Friday, but I slightly
overestimated the free-time I'd have on the day we launched
Hiveminder, our new collaborative todo-list system for regular people.

WHY RT 3.6.1 IS LATE

Here's what I told my blog about Hiveminder. (Pretend that everywhere
I say Hiveminder, it's a hyperlink to http://hiveminder.com

We've just launched Hiveminder, a shared todo list service.
Hiveminder makes it easy to keep track of everything you need to do
and to share tasks with the people you love (and those you just need
to do things for you.) You can assign tasks to anyone who has an
email address. They don't even have to sign up for an account.

You can defer tasks until tomorrow, next week or next year, with a
click of your mouse. "But first" and "and then" links on every task
make it easy to procrastinate...er, to model complex projects.

We wouldn't be Web 2.0™ compliant if we didn't let you tag each task
with useful keywords.

Groups let you share tasks with a set of friends or coworkers (and
help keep work out of your way when you're getting stuff done at home).

We'll be rolling out paid premium services later this year, but basic
accounts will always be free.

RT 3.6.1 IS OUT NOW

You can download RT 3.6.1 from http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/
rt/release/ right now. It contains a few new features like the
ability to get charts of tickets grouped by Custom Field values and a
quick switch to show ticket history in reverse-chronological order,
but more importantly, it contains fixes for a number of your favorite
bugs, including:

"RT logs me out every time I do anything",
" Searching for a ticket number broke",
and "I can't search for merged tickets"

Please enjoy the new release. We look forward to hearing about any
issues you run into, as well as your thoughts on Hiveminder.

Best,

Jesse Vincent
and the rest of the gang at Best Practical

RT 3.6.1 RELEASE NOTES

Web Interface

* Restore "Go to ticket #" search functionality accidentally removed
from RT 3.6.0
* Fixed the dreaded "infinite login" bug
* Forward porting a history ordering fix from 3.4
* Removed not-quite-right outdated cachinng header generation
* Backport the ability to chart by custom field from RT 3.7
* Add id's to the TitleBox wrappers so we can easily make them
invisible from the stylesheet
* Added a few new callbacks
* Allow sites to disable the display of inline ticket images.
* Inline display of which ticket watchers are "squelched"
* Better semantic html for custom field labels from Todd Chapman
* Started generating better caching headers for css, image and js files
* Added "Redirect" and "StaticFileHeaders" methods to
RT::Interface::Web.
* Switch our redirects to use the new RT::Interface::Web::Redirect
method
* Redirect is careful to redirect the browser to the same base RT url
they're coming from
and to close the user's Apache::Session, lest that module try to
open two copies
of the same prepared session database handle at the same time and
fall over.
* StaticFileHeaders tells the user's browser that the file being served
was last modified at last server start and should be cached for
approximately
a month. Better would be to use the Heuristics that
Jifty::View::Static provides.
* Finding disabled groups should actually find them, now
* Reed Loden caught a perltidy error that, somewhat terrifiyingly,
was still a valid mason page
* In some cases, RT could lose multiple attachments being uploaded on
ticket reply.
this is now fixed.

Internationalization

* Updated spanish-language translation

Internals

* cleanup test file, fewer warnings
* @actions -> @$actions to handle parser errors
* don't blame users on CF.{} conditions
Thanks to Todd and Rolf Grossmann.
* localization bugfixes reported by doogles
* Typo fixed: package is Googleish, we loaded local/vendor Googlish
* simple tests for Attachments manipulation from web interface
* The RT::Condition::Generic docs were wrong... fixed.
* Every RT script that uses the API now uses "local" library paths in
preference to
system ones

REST interface

* Added support for spaces in names of custom fields in the REST,
based on patch from Dmitri Tikhonov.
* If a ticket is created with _RecordTransaction set to
zero, it's not an error when zero is returned as the
transaction id. Thanks, Todd.
* crit was being called on the wrong object. Thanks to Todd Chapman
* Added LastUpdated field to the fields returned through the REST
interface --
David Schweikert
* Mark Eichin picked up that
http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2004-August/006216.html
had never been applied. rt ls -l broke because of it, if your RT
server wasn't at /

Installation

* Added a "RH" RedHat layout option to config.layout -- Paulo Matos
* better help on dependency install
* Better modperl2 bulletproofing
* removed redundant Calendar::Simple from the dependencies

Configuration

* new config option $OldestTransactionsFirst that allow
administrator to reverse order of transactions on
history page

rt-crontool

* add --transaction argument with two possible values: 'first' and
'last'
* add --transaction-type argument to allow users select type of
transactions
** these transactions would be passed to scrips for processing, so users
can use conditions, actions and templates that check or use
properties of
transaction
* Some existent actions, conditions and templates require scrip or
scrip action objects to process normally, as we have no these
objects
available we now pass void (not loaded) objects. This change
would allow
users to use notify actions with crontool.

Email

* Add Pre hook to mail-gateway
* Initial support for configurable VERP
* Add a Date: header to outbound email messages
* Sending e-mail falls back to the username if a RealName can't be
found. We
shouldn't be sending messages with "From: via RT" any more.
* Mail gateway refactoring to make added functioanlity a bit easier.

Licensing and copyright

* Set the visible copyright string to 2006
* Ran the copyright tagger, updated for 2006.