Mailing List Archive

rsyslog 1.12.2 released
Hello all,

I am glad to announce that rsyslog 1.12.2 has finally been released.
This release offers an even smarter message parser that detects more
syslog header formats. Unfortunately, there is a large variety in header
formatting among the diffent syslogds, and rsyslog now does an even
finer job at guessing how the message is formatted. Also, the release
contains support for the upcoming IETF syslog-protocol message format
standard. As currently no other syslogd supports it, this is more or
less a theoretical feature, but eventually it is nice to know we already
have it ;) There are also some other changes. The complete change log
can be viewed at

http://www.rsyslog.com/Article56.phtml

The (download-count tracking) download URL is

http://www.rsyslog.com/Downloads-index-req-getit-lid-27.phtml

[.should that not work for you, the direct link is
http://download.adiscon.com/rsyslog/rsyslog-1.12.2.tar.gz]

I hope this release if useful. As always, feedback is appreciated.

Rainer Gerhards