Mailing List Archive

rsyslog 1.12.1 released
Hi all,

I am glad to announce rsyslog 1.12.1. This release features a
much-enhanced message parser which is capable of better understanding
different syslog message formats. For example, BSD syslogd (and others)
does not include a host name inside the message. With 1.12.1, an
algorithm is used to detect whether or not the hostname is present and
the parsed fields are adjusted accordingly. This makes it much easier to
integrate rsyslogd into an environment with other syslog senders. Also,
threading support for BSD has been completed and a number of bugs have
been fixed.

For users of the development branch, I suggest upgrading to this
release.

The change log can be found at
http://www.rsyslog.com/Article51.phtml

The download can be found at