interested to learn what people like and what not. Of course, the
project will expand much in the next few month, and you can help drive
its direction. However, I think it is quite useful as it currently is.

We have pushed some limited test data into the demo. If someone would
like to try it out on his/her own system, please let us know. We will
help you get started for sure :)

Thanks,
Rainer
web interface for rsyslog - phpLogCon [ In reply to ]
Rainer Gerhards wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> of course, rsyslog can work with any web interface. Nevertheless, we
> have begun to rewrite our phpLogCon in the hope that it will be an even
> useful tool. From Andre, the main project author, I have heard that we
> will probably see an initial v2 release next week. He has also set up a
> demo server, based on today's codebase:
>
> http://demo.phplogcon.org/
>
> I would appreciate if you could drop by and provide us some feedback.
> It's the first time phpLogCon v2 is visible online and I we are very
> interested to learn what people like and what not. Of course, the
> project will expand much in the next few month, and you can help drive
> its direction. However, I think it is quite useful as it currently is.
>
> We have pushed some limited test data into the demo. If someone would
> like to try it out on his/her own system, please let us know. We will
> help you get started for sure :)
>
> Thanks,
> Rainer

My first response is... WOW! I've never seen that web interface before but
that's pretty impressive. I'm much more of a CLI/grep kinda guy but I can
see a lot of PHBs loving this. It's very impressive and seems to work quite
well. Only complaint is that the date column wraps to two lines, but that's
just cosmetic.

Kick ass. Keep up the good work.

--
Scott Baker - Canby Telcom
RHCE - System Administrator - 503.266.8253
web interface for rsyslog - phpLogCon [ In reply to ]
hi rainer,

looks pretty decent. i pulled the git repository and will have a further
look ;)

as far as i can tell by now, i like modular design where you can fetch
data from different streams.

cheers,
raoul