Mailing List Archive

rsyslog 8.2404.0 released
Hi all.

We are happy to announce the release of rsyslog version 8.2404.0!

This release focuses on improvements to the popular omhttp plugin and
includes several bug fixes to ensure smooth operation.

The omhttp plugin, which allows you to send logs to HTTP endpoints,
receives a significant boost in functionality. New configuration
parameters provide greater control over retries, handling of specific
HTTP status codes, and proxy settings. You can now define timeouts for
REST paths, configure a list of retryable and ignorable status codes,
and even set up a proxy for outgoing connections. Additionally, omhttp
now captures more detailed statistics, including the number of
requests, their status codes, transferred bytes, and processing time.

In terms of bug fixes, this release addresses a regression that
prevented TLS drivers from loading correctly under certain
circumstances. The mmdblookup module, used for geolocation lookups, is
now more resilient and will continue working even if it encounters an
incompatible IP lookup situation. Finally, the distributed tarball has
been corrected to include a missing file that was causing test
failures.

For a complete list of changes, please refer to the official
changelog. We encourage you to upgrade to rsyslog v8.2404.0 to benefit
from the improved omhttp plugin and the resolved issues.

ChangeLog:

https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/blob/v8-stable/ChangeLog

Download:

https://www.rsyslog.com/downloads/download-v8-stable/

As always, feedback is appreciated.

Florian
Re: rsyslog 8.2404.0 released [ In reply to ]
Hi,

the latest upload triggered this:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rsyslog

any ideas?

Re: rsyslog 8.2404.0 released [ In reply to ]
Hi Michael,

thanks for the info, but I am unfortunately unable to reproduce this.
As the tests have complex timing interdependencies, may it be the case
that we had just a very busy flaky day? Would it be possible to re-run
them?

Side-note: I also looked at the changes and I cannot see anything that
actually should affect all those tests. But of course, it still could
be.

Rainer