Mailing List Archive

Logs received via tls are binary
Re: Logs received via tls are binary [ In reply to ]
Please contain a plain text part in your mail. The mailing list
processor removes HTML for security reasons.

Judging from the subject, I guess either the receiver OR the sender
has not successfully enabled TLS. Check for error messages from
rsyslog.

HTH
Rainer

El mar, 19 mar 2024 a las 15:06, Brian W. via rsyslog

Re: Logs received via tls are binary [ In reply to ]
I will have to take a closer look at logs but yes, the logs in the
receiving syslog server are showing up as binary files.

Brian

Re: Logs received via tls are binary [ In reply to ]
we would need to see your full configs on both the sender and receiving sides to
make a guess as to what is being done wrong.

David Lang

Re: Logs received via tls are binary [ In reply to ]
Usually this happens when TLS cannot successfully be enabled at the
server side. This can happen even though the config looks valid, e.g.
permission issues reading cert files.

Rainer

El mar, 19 mar 2024 a las 15:55, David Lang via rsyslog