Mailing List Archive

doc request
As the docs are getting cleaned up, these three pages should either be combined
or put close enough to each other that when you find one the other two are just
a click away

https://www.rsyslog.com/doc/concepts/queues.html
https://www.rsyslog.com/doc/whitepapers/queues_analogy.html
https://www.rsyslog.com/doc/rainerscript/queue_parameters.html

Also, I don't know if it's possible, but if it's possible to keep the old links
working (redirecting to the new locations for things) it would be good as there
are links to rsyslog docs scattered in mailing list posts, stackoverflow
discussions, etc. It doesn't require that everything be kept at 1:1 (for
example, if two or three of the pages above end up getting combined, the link
can just be to the combined page, it doesn't need to be to a specific portion of
the page)

the idea is that existing links take you someplace close to relevant, not to a
404 message.

David Lang