Mailing List Archive

Syslog configuration issues
Hello There,

Happy New year!

I am trying to setup rsyslog to receive messages from a client but they keep on seeing the below error message on there side:

TCPSendInit FAILED with -2078.

I double-checked everything but could not find any specific issue.
This is the message I get when I verify the certificate:

[root@vlawsappianprep certs]# openssl verify -CAfile DigiCertIntermedCA_rootCA.crt vlawsappianprep_mfsadmin_com.crt vlawsappianprep_mfsadmin_com.crt: OK

Please see below the version I am using:

root@vlawsappianprep bin]# rsyslogd -v
rsyslogd 8.24.0-57.amzn2.2.0.2

I am attaching the rsyslog configuration to this email and can confirm that the certificate files are in the place where I have specified in the configuration.

Also, just wanted to show this message I am getting when I verify the syslog configuration:

[root@vlawsappianprep openssl]# rsyslogd -N 1
rsyslogd: version 8.24.0-57.amzn2.2.0.2, config validation run (level 1), master config /etc/rsyslog.conf
rsyslogd: error: ca certificate is not set, cannot continue [v8.24.0-57.amzn2.2.0.2 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2329 ]
rsyslogd: could not load module '/usr/lib64/rsyslog/lmnsd_gtls.so', rsyslog error -2329 [v8.24.0-57.amzn2.2.0.2 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2068 ]
[root@vlawsappianprep openssl]#

I am not sure about the reason I am getting this ca file not found error because the file is indeed there at the location I specified and other folder permissions also look ok:

?

?

Any sort of guidance will be highly appreciated as I am stuck on this for a long time now.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Karan Parmar