Mailing List Archive

Invalid logrotate config on Debian
Hi there,

I'm posting here since I didn't find what github repo this issue
corresponds to. It's a packaging issue, specifically the Debian packages
hosted on openSUSE/home:rgerhards

The /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog config file installed by the package
contains a call to a script: /usr/lib/rsyslog/rsyslog-rotate
That script exists when installing from the Debian repositories, but not
when installing from the "openSUSE/home:rgerhards" repositories.

The script contains just a few lines. eg.:
> if [ -d /run/systemd/system ]; then
> systemctl kill -s HUP rsyslog.service
> else
> invoke-rc.d rsyslog rotate > /dev/null
> fi

These could be used in the logrotate config instead of calling the
script; or the package could create the missing script.

Cheers