I'm not sure where to add the msg filters in? Could someone point me to
the correct documentation?

Thanks!
Re: change in filer [ In reply to ]
This is strange. No,everything is supported, we never remove any
config capability without very, very strong reason. Plus, the "if" is
not BSD-Style but script, the most modern filter.

Which version is running on RHEL 8?
How does the full config look like?
What does rsyslogd -N1 split out?

Rainer

Re: change in filer [ In reply to ]
version is 8.2102.0-10.el8
rsyslogd -N1 spits out:
rsyslogd: error during parsing file
/etc/rsyslog.d/ignore-systemd-session-slice.conf, on or before line 2:
invalid property 'programname' [v8.2102.0-10.el8 try
https://www.rsyslog.com/e/2207 ]

rsyslog.conf:

$PreserverFQDN on
$ModLoad imuxsock
$ModLoad imklog
$IncludeConfig /etc/rsyslog.d/*.conf
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none /var/log/messages
authpriv.* /var/log/secure
mail.*
-/var/log/maillog
cron.* /var/log/cron
*.emerg :omusrmsg:*
uucp,news.crit /var/log/spooler
local6.* /var/log/dhcpd
local7.* /var/log/boot.log
$WorkDirectory /var/lib/rsyslog
$ActionQueueFileName fwdSyslog
$ActionQueueMaxDiskSpace 500m
$ActionQueueSaveOnShutdown on
$ActionQueueType LinkedList
$ActionQueueResumeRetryCount -1
*.debug @1.2.3.4:10975

We are running RHEL 8.7.

Re: change in filer [ In reply to ]
I figured it out. I had a second line in that same file that started with:

if $progamname == "systemd-logind"

I was missing the second 'r' in programname. :(

Sorry for the bother.

Re: change in filer [ In reply to ]
No problem, thanks!

Sent from phone, thus brief.