Mailing List Archive

rsyslog 8.2304.0 released
Hi all,

today, we release rsyslog 8.2304.0.

This release consists of a small number of changes, but important
ones. I.e. imptcp received a bugfix to prevent it from spamming the
local log with error messages for EACH oversize character. Also
included is a bugfix for an issue when using $uuid property which can
cause a deadlock of rsyslog on shutdown. And finally a permission
issue was solved where privdrop functions did not entirely drop
capabilities if rsyslog was built with certain build options.

Also, this release includes an updated version of libfastjson, which
has now changed to the same versioning scheme as rsyslog.

Please make sure to read the changelog to get more details about the
additions and an overview of all changes.

ChangeLog:

https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/blob/v8-stable/ChangeLog

Download:

https://www.rsyslog.com/downloads/download-v8-stable/

As always, feedback is appreciated.

Florian
Re: rsyslog 8.2304.0 released [ In reply to ]
Good morning,

I am encountering the error below when attempting to update OEL8 systems via yum with the rsyslog-rhel8.repo enabled. I can replicate this issue on all OEL8 systems. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Last metadata expiration check: 1:19:13 ago on Wed 19 Apr 2023 05:30:59 AM EDT.
Error:
Problem: package rsyslog-8.2304.0-1.el8.x86_64 requires libfastjson >= 0.99.8, but none of the providers can be installed
- package libfastjson4-1.2304.0-1.el8.x86_64 obsoletes libfastjson <= 0.99.9 provided by libfastjson-0.99.9-1.el8.x86_64
- package libfastjson4-1.2304.0-1.el8.x86_64 obsoletes libfastjson <= 0.99.9 provided by libfastjson-0.99.8-2.el8.i686
- package libfastjson4-1.2304.0-1.el8.x86_64 obsoletes libfastjson <= 0.99.9 provided by libfastjson-0.99.8-2.el8.x86_64
- package libfastjson4-1.2304.0-1.el8.x86_64 obsoletes libfastjson <= 0.99.9 provided by libfastjson-0.99.9-1.el8.i686
- cannot install the best update candidate for package rsyslog-8.2302.0-1.el8.x86_64
- cannot install the best update candidate for package libfastjson-0.99.9-1.el8.x86_64
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to use not only best candidate packages)