Mailing List Archive

Generate full config without running the service
Hi,

I want to use the `-o fullconf` command-line option to generate a full
configuration files, with all the included snippets, but turns out
that also starts the service. I then add "-n", but it just stays in
the foreground, as expected.

Would using "-N 1 -o fullconf" be a good combination? It seems to do
what I want.

root@nsnx:~# rm fullconf
root@nsnx:~# pidof rsyslogd
root@nsnx:~# rsyslogd -N 1 -n -o fullconf
rsyslogd: version 8.2208.0, config validation run (level 1), master
config /etc/rsyslog.conf
rsyslogd: End of config validation run. Bye.
root@nsnx:~# echo $?
0
root@nsnx:~# ls -l fullconf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3,2K jan 16 16:11 fullconf