Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: 8.1905.0 Logging Stops [ In reply to ]
Hello Rainer,

you are absolute right. openSUSE and Ubuntu use quite
old versions and my version was also a little old.

New try:

- Eisfair-64 3.16.68-eisfair-64-VIRT
rsyslogd 8.1905.0

eis64test # rsyslogd -f /etc/rsyslog.conf -o /tmp/full_rsyslog_conf
eis64test # ls -la /tmp/full_rsyslog_conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3485 Jun 13 19:39 /tmp/full_rsyslog_conf

It works! Sorry, my fault.

By the way:

Where can I find a command line option reference
on https://www.rsyslog.com/doc?

Examples on
https://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/troubleshooting/troubleshoot.html#configuration-problems
require some spaces after option -f

Have a nice day.
Ansgar

Am 13.06.2019 um 19:08 schrieb Rainer Gerhards:
> Hi Ansgar,
>
> glad to hear from you. What you have is simply a too-old version, the
> -o switch is a recent addition of 8.1905.0 (2 weeks ago or so). The
> version you have, I think, is around 9 month old.
>
> Do you experience the same issue? That would be very interesting.
>
> Rainer

[...]
Re: 8.1905.0 Logging Stops [ In reply to ]
I've been following the thread at https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/issues/3686.

I upgraded rsyslog on my RHEL6 host and after about 20 minutes, logging again stops.

Has the aforementioned patch not yet been released for RedHat/yum?