while now. I noticed in the latest rsyslog version 3.21.11 that running
./configure says that the build requires atleast gnutls 2.0.0. Is this a
hard requirement, as rhel5/centos5 only has gnutls 1.4.1.

David Gillies
Systems Engineer
Digital Infrastructure Services
Fairfax Digital

The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying files is or may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is unauthorised. This e-mail is subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written consent of the copyright owner. If you have received this e-mail in error please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail or telephone and delete all copies. Fairfax does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files. Internet communications are not secure, therefore Fairfax does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or attached files.
Re: rsyslog 3.21.11 and gnutls [ In reply to ]
This is not a hard requirement as long as the older version links. The 2.0.0
was a conservative choice we made when adding the check logic. I don't have a
version with an older release to test, but I think I initially developed it
with 1.something. So if you can confirm that the compile/link successes with
1.4.1, I'll happily change the check condition.

As a side-note, do you have the RPMs available publically? Or would like to
contribute them? A lot of folks have recently asked for RHEL RPMs...

Rainer

Re: rsyslog 3.21.11 and gnutls [ In reply to ]
Thanks Rainer,

I haven't had a chance to build rsyslog against RHEL's gnutls but I'll
give it a try tomorrow and report back.

In regards to your side note, I actually just used the rsyslog spec file
from the fedora project:

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/devel/rsyslog/

In that CVS repo there's the spec file and a couple of other pieces
which makes rsyslog fit into a RHEL/Fedora/CentOS box in the Red Hat way
of doing things.

I believe the fedora project are using that spec file for FC10 and FC11
but I've had no issues with it on RHEL5/CentOS5.