Mailing List Archive

info request: using unicode inside rsyslog
Hi all,

once again the issue was brought up of using Unicode inside rsyslog. As a
reminder, rsyslog was forked from sysklogd and has inherited its 8 bit char
representation. For several reasons, I would like to move the internal
representation to Unicode (so at least 16 bit chars). Does anyone have any
advice (or links) on what needs to be taken care of for such an endeavor.
Opinions are also greatly appreciated.

The current reason for my interest is questions regarding asian character
sets. But of course, we should also support Unicode to implement all fine
details of RFC5424. So this is becoming a more and more pressing issue.

Thanks,
Rainer