Feedback is appreciated.

Many thanks,
Rainer
Re: rsyslog doc licenses [ In reply to ]
2008/12/1 Rainer Gerhards <rgerhards@hq.adiscon.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Michael Biebl made me aware that the doc files have inconsistent license
> information (thanks!). Some state GPL, some FDL, some even nothing.
>
> I would like to unify them to use GPLv3, which is consistent with the
> rest of this project. Does anybody object this move?

My contributions to the documentation where minuscule.
But anyways, you have my ok for the relicensing.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?
Re: rsyslog doc licenses [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 02:02, Rainer Gerhards <rgerhards@hq.adiscon.com> wrote:
> I would like to unify them to use GPLv3, which is consistent with the
> rest of this project. Does anybody object this move? If so what are the
> reasons and alternatives?

One of the more documentation-focused licenses (e.g. GFDL or one of
the Creative Commons family) may be better-suited to protect the IP
concerns particular to documentation. I'm not sure I perfectly
understand why separate documentation & source licenses exist, but the
fact that legal minds greater than mine (doesn't take much) decided
the split was necessary causes me to at least pause and consider them.

A particularly interesting problem some have thrown at GFDL is that it
is incompatible with the GPL - you cannot convert in either direction
without re-licensing from the originator.

Feh. Licensing is a sticky subject.