Mailing List Archive

property based filtering with regex operator
Hi. I tried the following rule to match any occurrence of 'sda' but it
did not work:

:msg, regex, ".*sda.*" /var/log/properties/sd_regex

Replacing the regex with simply "sda" matches. Do I not need to take
the entire message into account?

Peter
Re: property based filtering with regex operator [ In reply to ]
Hi Peter,

can you run this through the debug log? That spits out additional
information, maybe that points to the source of the problem.

It's evening over here, I do not have a test system right at hand and
will be off for family things over the weekend. If it's not urgent, I
can run a test on Monday.

Rainer